• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any idea of when next Dinc 2 update will happen?

So what are you looking for? You liked the Eris and the Incredible 2.

EDIT:
I loved my Eris and love my DInc2 even more.:knuddel:

Besides screen size, the DInc4G is perfect in my book.
I know it is a 4" screen as our DInc2 is, but since the aspect ratio changed it actually feels smaller to me.
I want to continue my path up in screen size. Slowly.

The Rezound is about perfect for screen size, so I bought one and the screen is beautiful. I'm having a hard time adjusting to it and likely will be back on my DInc2 full time soon though.
I have never had so much trouble with a phone. I may have been spoiled with the Eris and DInc2. They're both so easy and the dev'n so great. I just can't find anything stable enough and good on battery life for the Rez. Flashing has been horrendously buggy for me.
And the thing weighs a half-ton.

If I could have the DInc4G with a 4.3-4.5 inch screen I would be in heaven. Just that tiny bit would make all the difference to me.

Upvote 0
So what, exactly, were you looking for in a HTC phone that the Inc4G didn't deliver? There is no better processor available, and the screen is fantastic, albeit small. Unless you want a bigger screen, there is nothing more it could have been.

And even if it is only "mid range" as you said, does that make it not good?

There's a good video review of the HTC Inc 4G on phonedog.com. They do a side by side comparison with the Galaxy SG3 and the HTC makes a strong showing. The smaller screen is really the only significant difference that I can see. The slower clock speed doesn't seem to make much difference. The Quandrant Standard scores were almost equal, and almost 4X higher than the Inc 2.

Upvote 0
I used to have an Eris as well. I don't know where your fond memories come from, but I remember it being an extremely slow phone with a super tiny screen. You had to root it to even make it usable.

Yes, but the rooting process and flashing was so easy! And when I flash something on my DInc2 as was the case with my Eris, it worked like it "should".

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Just noticed today on my Incredible2 that when I am on a call, there is a small Green Droid with the quote "in 3 days" under him! What is this? Never seen this before and I take it to mean that the update is coming in 3 days?!!!

meme6447655178.jpg

Upvote 0
Last night I asked HTC, on Facebook, for an update. Here's their "response"
"Unfortunately, we don't have anything additional to share. We'll definitely keep you posted as soon as we do!"

Motorola recently announced that a number of phones originally promised ICS would not be updated. If the ICS update for the Dinc2 has been canceled it would be nice if HTC would just come out and say so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones