• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone's alarm not going off?

People have reported all kinds of issues with the Sense alarm clock. Personally I have had no issues (although I rarely use the alarm clock).

Make certain your alarm volume is on (go to the select alarm sound in an alarm and volume up).

EDIT:
AudioManager is a great way to keep tabs on volume levels (assuming that's the issue): http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-smartandroidapps-audiowidget-wnq.aspx

Also, I have heard speculation that certain apps may interfere with the alarm clock, but haven't looked into it too much.

Upvote 0
there are 3 alarms well alarm 1 wouldn't go off so i just switched to alarm 2 and changed it to the appropriate time and it worked. not sure why this worked, maybe i did use a task killer and killed it. i'm gonna lay off killing tasks however i do like the called system monitor or system something it lets me see how much memory processes are using and the clock speed my cpu is running at.

Upvote 0
myers...that is exactly what was happening, I figured it out...I was having ATK killing everything (including itself). I just reset my alarm which relaunched my clock. When I then launched ATK, I just had it ignore clock (but still kill itself). A couple test runs show that it is leaving the clock alone.

Upvote 0
I solved it for me.

Thats too funny I thought i thought i was the only one. The first few mornings when i woke up late it just caused me to have to rush around. But this morning i was an hour late to work because of it so i decided i'm figuring out what's wrong.

It turns out the clock runs as a separate app and ATK was killing it on me. I have ATK set to auto kill every hour and so I would check the alarm when I went to bed but an hour later the clock app would get shut off by ATK and in turn the alarm wouldn't work.

I added the clock to Advanced Task Killer's "ignore list" today. I then test it several times and the problem was solved.

Hope this helps you too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones