App for "Screen on when charging"?

1. hkay1

hkay1 Well-Known Member

I keep my phone charging when I am at my desk. I want to be able to set the screen to stay on when charged in a USB port so I don't have to unlock it every time a text or a call comes through.

I know there are apps that can control this? I know there are apps that can control screen-on times for an application, but what about for when charging or docked?

Also, what about a reliable app to that automatically wakes up/unlocks phone when a call comes in? I am missing calls because I fumble with the swipe. I saw somewhere in the forum about an app for this but the reviews said it was buggy.

Advertisement
    :
  2. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

Settings>Applications>Development>Stay awake (Screen will never sleep while charging)

It's a stock feature it's just not made known or in any spot you'd think it would be, like display settings.

Not sure about the auto wake on call.
    hkay1 likes this.
  3. hkay1

hkay1 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! How dumb is that to have such a good feature hidden away. Go figure.
  4. It isn't 'asleep' while charging, so it doesn't need to wake up either.
  5. hkay1

hkay1 Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but the screen still times out and I have to hit a button to see things again. This setting fixed it for my needs. Thanks!