• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[App] [Support] Titanium Backup

Before, any app/widget that's on the backed up apex home screen should be restored first.

Keep in mind as well any apps not restored will still show up in the app drawer and you'll need to manually remove those.

I think I get it
1. restore applications widgets
2 restored apex and apex settings\data
3. reboot tablet? ?
4. restored all of apps \data
5..reboot

am I correct?

Upvote 0
yep
I made a full backup with tb in cm9 than copied the TitaniumBackup to other tablet with pa2.55

and I copied the apex settings\data [apexlauncher]

From within the Apex Launcher settings, there's an option to backup and restore Apex settings and Apex Desktop Data. If you didn't do a backup of both of those from within Apex before you backed up with TiBu, then I don't think there's a way to restore those.

Screenshot_2013-02-12-14-53-17.png

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
I did copied apex settings\data

Restoring the desktop data from previous Apex backup settings doesn't work? Are you getting an error, or just nothing happens? Apologies for stating the obvious... but you do have the widgets installed that you are trying to restore, yes?

Could be a corrupt copy, or an issue with Apex itself. You might need to submit a support ticket with the Apex developer(s). In all honesty though, it would probably take you less time to manually recreate the widget setups. :(

Upvote 0
Restoring the desktop data from previous Apex backup settings doesn't work? Are you getting an error, or just nothing happens? Apologies for stating the obvious... but you do have the widgets installed that you are trying to restore, yes?

Could be a corrupt copy, or an issue with Apex itself. You might need to submit a support ticket with the Apex developer(s). In all honesty though, it would probably take you less time to manually recreate the widget setups. :(

just nothing happens YES
I don't want to redo the about 50 widgets no way lolol it is difficult for me to do all of widgets again because I am disabled guy

I can restored all the widgets on other cm9 tablet. why?
but I can't restore all the widgets on the ParanoidAndroid 2.55cm (4.1.2):

I have 2 tablets [p6800]
tablet 1 got CM9
tablet 2 got
ParanoidAndroid 2.55

Upvote 0
just nothing happens YES
I don't want to redo the about 50 widgets no way lolol it is difficult for me to do all of widgets again because I am disabled guy

I have 2 tablets [p6800]
tablet 1 got CM9
tablet 2 got
ParanoidAndroid 2.55

help please

Upvote 0
I have never had any luck restoring widgets no matter what I try. But my launcher is always the first thing I restore. In my most recent flash I tried restoring apps then my launcher with no luck.

Have you tried restoring "application widgets" in titanium backup?

Upvote 0
I have never used TiBu and before I go through wiping everything to install the new ROM, I have a question about the restore process. In the guide it says:
After the phone reboots, open TiBu again and go into the backup restore. Tap on Restore missing apps with data. Go down the list and untick any boxes for Google apps. If there are any apps that actively sync data often or create accounts in your phones settings area, you will need to untick those as well. Now tap on the green check-mark up top and let it restore your user apps.
What are the apps I need to untick in the process? Should I look at my settings and see which has created an account, like FB, Google, Dropbox? What about the syncing of data mentioned above - would K9 mail be part of this or no?

Upvote 0
I have never used TiBu and before I go through wiping everything to install the new ROM, I have a question about the restore process. In the guide it says:
What are the apps I need to untick in the process? Should I look at my settings and see which has created an account, like FB, Google, Dropbox? What about the syncing of data mentioned above - would K9 mail be part of this or no?

I've never had any probs restoring Dropbox, but I never restore Facebook. Facebook syncs a lot more data than Dropbox I would think. As for K9, I've not used that. However, my boyfriend uses Touchdown and Enhanced email for work, and I do restore those for him simply because of how many accounts he has set up in each of them. The only time I wouldn't is if the rom I was flashing for him was a major Android update (ie; from 4.1 to 4.2 where you wouldn't perform any restores), in which case I have him backup the emails he needs to save and have him do a fresh setup of those apps.

Upvote 0
OK, so I won't restore FB. Since you say you restore other email apps, I'd probably put K9 in that same category. However, I will be going from 4.0.4 to 4.2.2. So, I guess you'd suggest doing email manually (which is no big deal really - I have 3 accounts setup, but all emails are stored on webmail and desktop too, so they're backed up.) I'm not sure what other apps I have that would fall into the category of syncing data, but those were the only ones I could think of.

Upvote 0
OK, so I won't restore FB. Since you say you restore other email apps, I'd probably put K9 in that same category. However, I will be going from 4.0.4 to 4.2.2. So, I guess you'd suggest doing email manually (which is no big deal really - I have 3 accounts setup, but all emails are stored on webmail and desktop too, so they're backed up.) I'm not sure what other apps I have that would fall into the category of syncing data, but those were the only ones I could think of.

Ah. Yes, I recommend no restores at all. Pain in the butt I know, but it's the best way to go about that kind of update to ensure you don't have any apps going all wonky. What I do under those circumstances is completely move (not copy) the entire TiBu folder over to my pc and begin an entire new set of backups after the flash.

One free app that I do use for backing up just the apps themselves (no settings whatsoever) is Android Assistant by Aaron. Under the tools menu is an option called App Backup and Restore. I put a tick in the box for all 3rd party apps (3rd party being apps that did not come with the phone) and back those up. After I flash, I download ES File Explorer, enable Unknown Sources in ANdroid settings (allows you to install apps from your SD), and then proceed to install my apps. After that I check for updates for those apps, then proceed to customize things to my liking.

Upvote 0
Ah. Yes, I recommend no restores at all. Pain in the butt I know, but it's the best way to go about that kind of update to ensure you don't have any apps going all wonky. What I do under those circumstances is completely move (not copy) the entire TiBu folder over to my pc and begin an entire new set of backups after the flash.

One free app that I do use for backing up just the apps themselves (no settings whatsoever) is Android Assistant by Aaron. Under the tools menu is an option called App Backup and Restore. I put a tick in the box for all 3rd party apps (3rd party being apps that did not come with the phone) and back those up. After I flash, I download ES File Explorer, enable Unknown Sources in ANdroid settings (allows you to install apps from your SD), and then proceed to install my apps. After that I check for updates for those apps, then proceed to customize things to my liking.
Oh, so for this type of upgrade (a big one), you wouldn't use TiBu for the restore cause of potential issues. I'll look at Android Assistant and go from there.

Moving TiBu folder - is this in case I go back to my 4.0.4 ROM? If I'm using AA to make the backup and then installing from SD, I won't be using the TiBu backup. So that's the only reason I can think of moving the folder, is so that I can revert back if I'd like. Am I correct?

Upvote 0
I recently moved from an LG Optimus Elite running 2.3.7 to a Nexus 4 running 4.2.2 and I used my backups from the elite on the nexus with no issues.

There are some apps I have found that do not restore well at all such as Waze or pocket frogs, but other than those I have all of my restored data on my nexus.
So when you used the TiBu from the Elite, how did you know that certain apps did not restore well? If I make a backup with TiBu and restore all the apps, what should I expect if something will not restore well?

Upvote 0
OK, I believe I followed the instructions correctly. I backed up everything as listed, installed new ROM, flashed TiBU zip and now I'm in the new ROM. I opened TiBu and my first question is that it is just the "free" version. I would assume it would have been the full version with the flash - is that not true?

I'm working on Restore missing apps with data. It is installing them one at a time. Is that correct? Again, I made an assumption - being the paid version it would install them all for me. Instead, I need to click Install and then click Done for each app. I have quite a few apps, so this is taking quite a bit of time. Is all of this correct, or did I miss a step with my backup/restore?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones