1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

[App] [Support] Titanium Backup

Last Updated:

1. rare_air

rare_air New Member

Hey all and thanks in advance for your help.
    I'm having trouble with titanium backup auto batch restore.
    I load my backup from the zip image and all works well but after i do factory restore and reboot my phone the app asks for superuser permission in order to perform auto restore for the latest batch.
    I have looked all over the app's documentation and searched the web but could not find where to change that option. what i'm doing now to prevent it is to deny superuser permission and the restore gets cancelled.
    does anyone knows how to disable that?
    the auto batch restore would not bother me if it worked properly, the problem is that after the load i get an error that android.process.acore process has stopped and the device is looping on error (only wipe or re-install stops that).
    By the way i'm using samsung galaxy s2 with latest 4.2.2 jellybean version.
    Thanks Roy

Advertisement
    scary alien likes this.
  2. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Hi Roy, and welcome to AF :)

Hmm, I'm guessing that the problem is that it's restoring something which is incompatible with your current ROM.

Funny thing is, I can't find any "auto batch restore" in my settings. Batch restore, sure, but I have to manually select that, and then I get to untick the things I don't want to restore before running it. So I can't see how to enable the thing that's causing you problems!

The one thing I can see that can be set to automatically restore after a wipe is your Titanium Backup settings: the option "auto sync TB settings". Maybe there's something screwy in there - try unticking that and see whether it helps?

scary alien likes this.
  3. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female This Topic's Starter

I think rare_air simply means the normal batch backup (meaning in the paid version it auto batches instead of backing up each app singularly).

What we need to find out is what version of Android is he coming from and going to. If it's a large enough version jump. then restoring from backup could be problematic because some apps will not be compatible.

scary alien likes this.
  4. rare_air

rare_air New Member

Thanks for your thoughts ,
    The thing is that i was jellybean 4.2.2 roms and i was trying differnt ones to see what works best. my problem is not if the app match or not it's just that i would like to do it manually and not automatically. The TB is paid version and the option "auto sync TB settings" is not checked.
    Thanks

5. Hadron

That's what puzzles me - I can't see how to make the restore automatic in the first place, so don't know how to stop it.

6. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

Titanium Backup Pro pops up a notification for every single task. After I had manually performed a series of tasks in Titanium Backup, the top bar was filled with dozens of notifications from Titanium Backup. Is there a way to turn off the notifications or combine the notifications into one?

7. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

You will get a notification for each manual action you perform.

8. ktchong

I know. Is there a way to turn off the notification for manual action?

When I was manually performing actions, I already know what actions I performed. I did not need to be notified of every action that I myself has just performed at every turn in real time. The real-time notification for manual actions was a bothersome, annoying and useless feature. I do not want or need it. I just want Titanium Backup to shut up and stop dumping notifications.

How do I turn off the notification?

9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

I havent tried it but on Jellybean (cant remember if the option is in ICS) try unchecking the Notification box in App Manager

ktchong likes this.
  10. funkylogik

uploadfromtaptalk1367975147704.jpg

scary alien and ktchong like this.
  11. MacFett

Long press on the notification go to app info and then uncheck the notification box.

scary alien and funkylogik like this.
  12. ktchong

Thanks. It works.

funkylogik likes this.
  13. bcrichster

bcrichster Well-Known Member

Unchecked then recheck. Hit Allow. You'll be good to go! Automatic from then on out:cool:

scary alien likes this.
  14. BWB8771

BWB8771 Active Member

My nightly backups/copies to either Dropbox or Google Drive keep failing because of "network errors". I'm taking that kind of personally as I'm a network engineer, and my home network is purty-darned good :)

Is there a running log for TiBu that I can peruse? From the TiBu UI, there does not appear to be an *easy* way to view it, if one exists.

15. BWB8771

BWB8771 Active Member

T-Mobile sent me a replacement phone; I successfully sent a MMS to myself before restoring. Now, after restoring, I cannot send MMS. I've reviewed all the MMS settings and they're all correctly set to T-Mobile parameters.

What cache can I purge, what settings can I reset to regain MMS abilities?

16. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

I have another problem with TB. The "Detach From Market" only works until I reboot. Any ideas? I've contacted the TB dev team but they never answered my email...

17. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Seriously, what is the point of this program? I use it to back up my apps so I can flash a rom, or restore my phone only to go back to the play store, download Titanium pro (and key!) enable USB debugging, fire up the program, grant root access, and go to restore my apps and see nothing!?

What is the point of this program!?

I install root explorer then try to import backup .TiBkp and nothing exist in the titanium folders.

Yeah, I can re download everything, but really, I paid for a program so I can do this manually?

Tried again to import doing a search for .TiBkp and found nothing.

18. AP2FTW

AP2FTW Well-Known Member Contributor

Did you go into the preferences of tb and set the backup folder location to where the backups are stored?

scary alien, funkylogik and ocnbrze like this.
  19. funkylogik

TiBU is such a tried, tested and widely respected app that when things go wrong with it, the chances are its user error ;)
    Asking for advice is probably gona get you further than blaming the app lol

20. Hadron

What is ".TiBkp"? I've used Ti for 3 years and have nothing with that file type. My TitaniumBackup folder contains a collection of gzipped files (apks and tars containing other components) and metadata to tell Ti where to restore to.

If there really is nothing, restore your nandroid then try again, this time checking the backup and the settings (if you've a non-default location set) before flashing the ROM, i.e. make sure it's there before wiping data.

21. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

If you use the TB export utility, TiBkp is the file format it stores the backups in iirc.

ajdroidx, as AP2FTW suggests, make sure it's looking in the right place for your backup folder. To check & ensure it's set correctly, head to Menu -> Preferences -> Backup Folder Location -> Detect.

bberryhill0, Hadron and scary alien like this.
  22. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female This Topic's Starter

El Presidente and scary alien like this.
  23. MacFett

It is a file export. If you long press on an app within titanium and select send and then select with easy import data+app it will create a file with this extension.

[Edit]Beat to the punch[/edit]

El Presidente and Hadron like this.
  24. Hadron

Right, that explains it. I just copy the backup folder over usb to keep it safe so have never bothered with the export thing.

25. bobbyy1990

bobbyy1990 Member

I am trying to Wipe data/factory reset but whenever I press Power to enter, it does not give me any option.

What should I do?