• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Applications for LG Optimus One

AndroMax looks strikingly similar to Widgetsoid, there's an awful lot of ripoff apps on the Market, hard to tell which is legit and which aren't. Sometimes doing some reading over at XDA tells you which are and aren't (like that 3G signal widget ripoff).

Oh so far after flashing Nessy, I installed 3D clock widget (looks like the older LG clock), Widgetsoid 2.x, Simi Folder, ZeamLauncher and HeLauncher (LauncherPro included with Nessy, I entered my purchase number to put it to plus), doubletwist, Opera Mobile, adfree (requires root) and StudioKuma's flight scheduler for flight mode at night.

Upvote 0
best audio player for optimus???

i think WINAMP is the best music player for android phones.[
Features that liked:

only known music player to me that can be controlled even when the smartphone is lock.
(believe me, i tried many players Tunewiki, realplayer beta, android default player,etc. This is the best.)

lets u download latest music tracks.

searching simplified yet powerful.

goods home screen widgets.

Upvote 0
Here's mine:

App2SD
HD Field Runners
Drag Racing
Babo Crush Deluxe
Angry Birds (of course, all time fave)
Smart Keyboard Pro
Dolphine Browser
Screen Shot IT
Widget Locker

they rock my mobile..the only thing I miss is that my friend got gingerbread in his LG P500 Optimus One, while mine is stick with Froyo 2.2.2 hope somebody from here could give me the reason how did he get that update.. :(

Upvote 0
I am new in this and this is my first ever post here. I bought my phone last December with out any knowledge of any applications of this LG-P503. When I tried to bring this to LG service to download the market the model type change to LG-P500. What is really the right model unit of this? LG-P500 or LG-P503?

About the applications, how to download it to my from? how to use that barcode scaner?Is it the same as the Blackberry application barcode scanner?what can it do?

Thanks in advance to those who is going to reply and help...

Upvote 0
Here's mine:

App2SD
HD Field Runners
Drag Racing
Babo Crush Deluxe
Angry Birds (of course, all time fave)
Smart Keyboard Pro
Dolphine Browser
Screen Shot IT
Widget Locker

they rock my mobile..the only thing I miss is that my friend got gingerbread in his LG P500 Optimus One, while mine is stick with Froyo 2.2.2 hope somebody from here could give me the reason how did he get that update.. :(

Dude, you are "not" stuck with Android 2.2.2(Froyo)... well, legally there is no Stable update to 2.3 for LG P500.. But still if you cannot wait to upgrade your phone to 2.3 ;) then there is an unofficial release of 2.3 by XDA devs. called CyanogenMod :D. You've got to first Root your mobile:rolleyes: ... (I rooted with GingerBreak.apk) you can download from Filesharing sites:p. And then using ROM Manager you can Flash your mobile making it possible to load different ROMs:D. As you Flash you mobile now you can download CyanogenMod 7 ROM and load it in to your mobile. You can find many video tutorials on Youtube. Then you can Flash "n" number of ROMs everyday.:cool: But make sure you read every ROM's review b4 flashing as they may have many bugs for which you me regret later. :p I Flashed CM7 2.3.4 (Gingerbread);) and have some bugs:(... like through bluetooth now i cant receive files but just send them... wifi issues, camera Zoom In - Zoom Out is not working.

So just b careful:D
You can ask me for providing sites from where you can get complete step by step tutorial on how to flash.
If you can figure it out ur self will b great.

Njoy!!! :D

Upvote 0
omg... why in the world you supply me all those ideas where I can't totally understand any of it.. :(

anyway, i thank your effort trying to explain what I wanted to know..and I think am gonna wait for the official update..sounds scary to me once I regret doing things that I don't even understand how to perform it. I've tried to search about ROMS, CYANOGENMOD, and I know, there are many people too that do not understand what are those things about... :(

Am gonna pay for somebody to do it.. lol thanks buddy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones