• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Rotate not Working?

I had that problem not long after I bought my Hero in October, HTC's advice was:

"To help the screen rotation, try to tap the back of the device after you flipped it."

Which to be honest, didn't really help much. What did help was to kill any running apps that can use the feature, mail, internet etc. After doing that it would work again. Bit of a pain though.

Luckily and oddly for me, about a week after the advice from HTC it started working again properly on it's own without any help from me and has done ever since. Most odd.

Edit - Could also try recalibrating the G Sensor thing...

Upvote 0
Hi all, I'm a newbie of this 4rum. Recently i got the same problem with my hero, it sometime disappears the Gsensor function, I think so. Due to it's automatically unable to change horizontal interface in sms, web browser, picture performance. Although I've tried to adjust Gsensor calibration, nothing went on at all. After that, I did reset factory, losed all data, it returned initially. everything was ok. however, it just meet again now
frown.gif
. I've tested HTC advice above, nothing at all. So kindly let me know the most effective solution. thanks in advance

Upvote 0
My autorotate stopped working the other evening.
I thought I had broken my phone.
Next day I did a bit of trawling the forums for ideas and saw a post about the magnets on some phone cases.
Took my phone out of its case and the autorotate worked.

I had been folding the top of the case behind the phone while I was using it and the magentic catch of the case was interfering with the sensor.

Any help?

Gordon

Upvote 0
Tried re-calibrating G sensor, tapping the back, pwr off / on nothing yet?
Have not tried factory reset yet? need to backup first.

thanks for the replies up to now, any other ideas?

I've been trying all before i saw ur post. Only factory_reset is effective but it's so inconvenient. So I think we gotta find out the reason better, any other solutions & judgements in this case?

Upvote 0
My autorotate stopped working the other evening.
I thought I had broken my phone.
Next day I did a bit of trawling the forums for ideas and saw a post about the magnets on some phone cases.
Took my phone out of its case and the autorotate worked.

I had been folding the top of the case behind the phone while I was using it and the magentic catch of the case was interfering with the sensor.

Any help?

Gordon

Bingo! By Jove you've got it.

Never made the connection about my new case but it's exactly that.

Now then, where do I buy press studs from :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones