• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery weirdness (fast drain)

my battery life was fine (great even) untill recently, but in the last 2 nights, I go to bed with over half full battery (last night it was over 70 percent) I turn the phone to silent for overnight, only have it on in case I wake and can't get to sleep and want to look at something for a while...

Anyway, both mornings, when I wake up, the hone is completely drained. yesterday so completely that it did not even turn on till it was plugged in, and today, the low battery popup cam on.

thig is, before this, I have been able to have it like this, even some nights listening to audio books in bed for hours (not last night or the night before though) it would be still at 50% or better... cause all its doing at night is standby.

well, according to battery usage now(through the menu) it is still just standby and idle- using nearly 50% between them of the battery!

whats going on here?

hmm.. just realized, 2 days ago I put a live wallpaper back on... so now I am back on still wallpapers, and we'll see if that helps. this is, however, just one more reason for me to want to root... to get the overclocking and undervolting or whatever combo it is that allows all you guys to get much longer battery life. cause really, yeasterday on the live wallpaper, I was pretty much on charger most of the day when I was home (I was out for about 6 hours total...) and it should have done better than that.

Upvote 0
Ah, yes, I would think it'd be the live wallpaper. From what I understand (read it here somewhere, not sure where) even if the screen is turned off, the live background is still running. An annoying bug, not sure if that's fixed in 2.2 or not. Though yes, after changing back to a still background, undervolting wouldn't hurt, either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones