• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best $2.35 I've spent in a long while

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
Since my first android I've been a (free) user of Link2SD to free up space by linking apps to the external sd card. (The Plus version...$2.35...also allows you to link the app's data files.)

My trusty LG F3 (edited, I mistakenly referenced my prior phone, the Optimus V) has been throwing storage warnings lately and I was tired of deleting data files and having to reset apps, so I dropped the paltry sum to upgrade it.

Boy, I wish I'd spent that a long time ago. My phone flies now. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was the OS having to work between two different storage locations, but it's amazing now.

So if you're still on an older phone that is rooted and doesn't have a ton of internal space, just do it. You won't regret it, and the developer lets you use it on any of your devices for one $2.35 fee.

Anyway, I just wanted to give kudos to the developer. There are other alternatives, but this one is easy and quick...and cheap. ;)

Goods luck, all.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones