• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best buy atrix update

UPDATE it looks like android Central and this site are now confirming that Best buy is already training employees and the phone will be in stores on the 13th of February so it seems my guy has been on the up and up with me once again. PS anyone see blinky and march 6th?? LOL

look @ what Phandroid put as the source ;)

Reactions: AndreaCristiano
Upvote 0
oh snap lololololol awesome!:d

So your post just completed the circle. Don't forget if you read something newsworthy, press the
tipthis.gif
button :D You might be surprise what you'll see posted in Phandroid!

Upvote 0
So your post just completed the circle. Don't forget if you read something newsworthy, press the
tipthis.gif
button :D You might be surprise what you'll see posted in Phandroid!

Very cool , I'm glad I could help and glad I got more solid info for all on this forum you are a great bunch and I'm happy i can contribute! Wish the original Feb 5th was true but hey the 13th is good!!!! Also it seems Best Buy will have an exclusive period of release.

Reactions: Chris311
Upvote 0
Very cool , I'm glad I could help and glad I got more solid info for all on this forum you are a great bunch and I'm happy i can contribute! Wish the original Feb 5th was true but hey the 13th is good!!!! Also it seems Best Buy will have an exclusive period of release.

Where did the 13th come from. My rep told me some of the stuff though. the meeting we had was actually paid by google for nexus s training and android 2.3 training.

Upvote 0
Yeah, sorry I'm late to the party, my friend texted me earlier that they had a training meeting sunday evening too that was scheduled as 4G training, but he said they were going to be discussing the Atrix and Inspire. He said the phones are coming around the 13th, but he still thinks the Inspire is coming first. He also said that pricing was strictly not discussed by the regional guy, nor was availability to his store (sometimes he gets things right after launch day). He also said that at first the guy said the 13th, but then wouldn't comment on which phone (or both), and the rest of the meeting he changed quickly to saying "around" the 13th. He also said it was odd that it was just an AT&T guy, as apparently the training for the Bravo, Flipout, and whatever was done by a Motorola rep hosted by At&T, and the Aria had a similar guy but not with either HTC or AT&T directly. This one was a regional sales manager for AT&T...
At any rate, he said to expect them both soon, and that they are amazingly cool phones...

Edit: I just texted him about accessories and he said he is getting them AFTER the devices, and that he probably won't have the docks for a while. Whether that's an authorized dealer thing or just that they aren't ready yet, I don't know...

Glad to hear another source also stating the 13th. But not having the docks at launch would be an epic fail. The phone itself it great - but it is the docks that really set it apart. They need to have the docks available on launch day! Can anyone else comment on this?

Upvote 0
The 13th fits with AT&T's release schedule as it is on a Sunday. The big question I have is pre-sale/pre-order dates. Will AT&T or Best Buy be offering the Atrix on pre-sale/pre-order? I hope so. I really want to pre order the phone and docs ASAP so I can pick them up on release day. Any Best Buy contacts able to shed some light on any presale dates?

No info on a pre sale yet im gonna see my friend Thursday so if i get an update i will post then

Upvote 0
Sorry for the noob question but coming from a line of 5 htc devices I just want to verify: A locked bootloader = no custom roms correct? Please tell me I'm wrong as I'd love to have this one. Ya you will eventually be able to root it but for me a missing feature of the phone would be no custom roms. Right now I'm flashing 2-3 time per week. Cant see paying to give that up.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the noob question but coming from a line of 5 htc devices I just want to verify: A locked bootloader = no custom roms correct? Please tell me I'm wrong as I'd love to have this one. Ya you will eventually be able to root it but for me a missing feature of the phone would be no custom roms. Right now I'm flashing 2-3 time per week. Cant see paying to give that up.

That is correct but might be better to post this in on of the bootloader threads. Why do you need to flash 2-3 times per week?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones