• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Buyers Guide - September Cover Coming Soon

Sorry guys, I got caught up with life and work. It happens.

I can still scan it if you really want to see it, but it's pretty pointless now that its up on their site.

They did the same thing with the Inc. and it was out shortly after. I would expect it to be out in September, doesn't make sense for BB to put in their book for September if it's not coming out then (even if it does say coming soon).

Just my 2

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or is the AT&T variant the only one that actually looks any good? I got the chance to handle all three models, except Verizon's (finally!) and the AT&T one really looks and feels a lot "better" than the others. It just looks less "iPhoney" and less like a toy, and more like an imposing and impressive wireless device that means serious business and solid tech.

I've only seen video's of Verizon's but it sadly looks more rounded and "wimpy" than the sharp looks of the Captivate. Won't know until we can get it in our hands for sure, but I just wanted to know your thoughts on the looks of the ones that are out at least ...

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or is the AT&T variant the only one that actually looks any good? I got the chance to handle all three models, except Verizon's (finally!) and the AT&T one really looks and feels a lot "better" than the others. It just looks less "iPhoney" and less like a toy, and more like an imposing and impressive wireless device that means serious business and solid tech.

I've only seen video's of Verizon's but it sadly looks more rounded and "wimpy" than the sharp looks of the Captivate. Won't know until we can get it in our hands for sure, but I just wanted to know your thoughts on the looks of the ones that are out at least ...

From pictures, the Vibrant looks the best, then the Fascinate. The Captivate actually looks the worst to me. I actually have a Vibrant on hand, I ordered one to play with for a grace period (which is up, hope wirefly doesn't notice!) and I like the look a lot. Since the Fascinate is very similar, I'm anxious to get the Fascinate and get rid of my Dinc.

Upvote 0

I think the captivate looks the worst. I personally think Vibrant is the nicest looking one, then fascinate, then epic4g then captivate

Upvote 0
I agree the captivate looks weird IMO I like how they made the vibrant and fascinate look

I think they did that to set the AT&T version apart from the others. Although I do agree that it does look a little weird. I mean there is basically no way to tell the Vibrant and the Fascinate apart unless you look at the company label on the top of the front of the phone.

I just hope I don't get a lot of people asking me if it is an iPhone that I am using. Although I could take advantage of it and be like "Hell no. This is something much better than that P.O.S. iPhone."

Upvote 0
I think they did that to set the AT&T version apart from the others. Although I do agree that it does look a little weird. I mean there is basically no way to tell the Vibrant and the Fascinate apart unless you look at the company label on the top of the front of the phone.

I just hope I don't get a lot of people asking me if it is an iPhone that I am using. Although I could take advantage of it and be like "Hell no. This is something much better than that P.O.S. iPhone."

Im sure you will i used to get that when i had the incredible they would be like is that the iphone and i was like no its better lol

Upvote 0
Im sure you will i used to get that when i had the incredible they would be like is that the iphone and i was like no its better lol
Since I used the iPhone 3G for over a year and a half, this will probably be no different. Actually, the Vibrant is actually lighter than the iPhone 3G by almost an ounce. So I am assuming the Fascinate should be lighter as well.

I have had the Droid X for a few weeks now and there is such a big difference between my iPhone 3G and the Droid X

Upvote 0

I've actually handled the Vibrant, and it really does look a lot like a big iPhone. With a bigger, brighter screen of course.

Good point though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones