• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best exchange email app

With the native ICS e-mail client, if you have an exchange account with rules to receive certain e-mails to vertain sub-folder, you will not get notification when new mail airrives in those sub-folders. it only notifies you for the "Inbox". Furthermore, the search on server is not optimal and mails are limited to only 30 days.

Regarding your first point, you can get notification for subfolders as well. Tap on the drop-down menu at the top, then 'Show all folders', expand the folders, then long-press on the one you want to sync. At the bottom there's 'Sync options'. Change from Manual to Push and that should be that.

Reactions: baldana
Upvote 0
Regarding your first point, you can get notification for subfolders as well. Tap on the drop-down menu at the top, then 'Show all folders', expand the folders, then long-press on the one you want to sync. At the bottom there's 'Sync options'. Change from Manual to Push and that should be that.

Thamx for the aforementioned advise. I changed the Sync Option for all my sub-folders to "Push" and i do received the e-mails. Thank you.

I noticed you do NOT get any notification in the notification area nor as count on the EMAIL icon.

Upvote 0
Thamx for the aforementioned advise. I changed the Sync Option for all my sub-folders to "Push" and i do received the e-mails. Thank you.

I noticed you do NOT get any notification in the notification area nor as count on the EMAIL icon.
Any fix for the issue you have raised Baldana?

It is quite irritating that the folders show the number of e-mails in the folders but don't distinguish whether they are new!

Upvote 0
Just jumping in on this thread. JB email on the S3 is horrible and the two biggest issues are:

1) An unusable conversation view....why group messages together when there is only one message in the thread?

2) No forwarding or replied message marks! That is ridiculous.

And yes the Razr V had an awesome mail app. Almost wish I never changed!

I am trying Touchdown now. Is the license key a single purchase across all of my devices???

Upvote 0
Moxier works for me, although it's far from ideal. Our company is creating one, completely free, no ads, for Android >= 4.0 with modern UI where everything makes sense. Just getting tired of built-in crap and poor expensive 3rd party implementations. Originally was an internal project, but going public soon.

Upvote 0
I purchased a Kyocera Rise yesterday through Virgin Mobile that runs Android. In trying to sync my Verizon e-mail account with the Mail App, we are continually getting a "Couldn't finish" or an "incorrect username or password" message. The username and password are correctly entered, though.

I called Verizon, and they told me to use the server address pop.verizon.net, port number 995, and security type SSL/TLS on the manual e-mail account setup. That did not work.

The settings the app automatically brings up in the manual account setup, however, are pop3.verizon.net, port number 110, and security type none. These settings do not work either.

Both Verizon and Virgin Mobile didn't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones