• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth portable speakers and connections

Berg

Lurker
Sep 17, 2011
Anyone had any issues with their bionics on JB with bluetooth? My car bluetooth connects with total consistency, and my bluetooth connects with my lock boxes (for work) sometimes.....which is massively annoying and a whole different story, but now I'm trying to connect with a Bassboomz portable speaker and the bluetooth pairs, and shows its connected, but just won't play music through the speaker. It just uses the speaker on the phone instead. I've paired/unpaired, reset phone, etc, multiple times.

I've been through the phone settings, looking for something to tweak for music output or a profile i can set or something, and I can't find anything, and no threads on the net really do much for help. I've done cache clears, and did an FDR after updating to Jellybean. I'm almost out of options as my job relies on bluetooth which has been spotty, and now if entertainment peripherals don't work, it might be bye bye for this phone. My bluetooth on gingerbread was perfect...ICS had some issues, and now JB has its own set of issues. I really do love this phone, and haven't really had any other issues, I just am not sure I can handle such spotty BT connecting. It looks like the biggest mistake was leaving Gingerbread (which is sad).

Anyone have suggestions? Apps that might help? Jedi mind tricks?

Yea it didn't ask me for the pairing code, but my laptop and wife's old phone (android) both connected to it without entering any code and worked just fine. As for the gear in that menu, there's no option to select anything. Just rename and unpair (unlike my car bluetooth which has options for phone/media).

Thanks for the answers and help......I don't like any "Incompatibility" diagnosis, especially when other devices work with no issues, but since those options don't show up under my menu maybe that's what I'm stuck with.

ps I've trolled these forums since well before I bought my Bionic, just never posted. Its such a great community....thanks again for all the ideas.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones