• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Updated prl info per region

Here is my personal stash nOve

61085.prl
60683.prl
60686.prl
61007.prl

I have tried 60683, 60686, and 61007 of course. Just found 61085 today will be testing it tomorrow. I get the best signal with 60683 here in Winston Salem NC so far, but 61007 seems to provide better 3g speeds even with changes to Vocoders and Chevan's build.prop tweaks.

I saw mention earlier of 61008 as a PRL for Boost, but I have yet to find a download for it.
It's very hard for me to find what's best b/c i have terrible coverage in my home, so far 60683 seems the best, anyway when you mention vocoders, what changes exactly do you make? Change Home Page Vocoder to Wild, and leave Home Orig. and Roam Orig. to EVRC? I've never changed anything further then that and from what i read/hear no other changes really make a difference..was curious what your settings were.

Upvote 0
It's very hard for me to find what's best b/c i have terrible coverage in my home, so far 60683 seems the best, anyway when you mention vocoders, what changes exactly do you make? Change Home Page Vocoder to Wild, and leave Home Orig. and Roam Orig. to EVRC? I've never changed anything further then that and from what i read/hear no other changes really make a difference..was curious what your settings were.

I have tried many different settings in that area. I have had the best results with setting all to 4gv or 4gv on the two and wild on the one. Coverage in my home is the same, horrible inside, but not too bad overall in my area.

@jet I did a prl update yesterday when I noticed your post, I still get 61007.

Upvote 0
So I decided to do some more testing.....not a good idea. LOL. Did the recommended changes to proxies by deleting the fields and saving, much worse signal. Currently doing a factory wipe and reset, installing the B08c nandroid and going back to testing again. My speeds got considerably lower with the proxies removed and I have no idea why.

Upvote 0
So I decided to do some more testing.....not a good idea. LOL. Did the recommended changes to proxies by deleting the fields and saving, much worse signal. Currently doing a factory wipe and reset, installing the B08c nandroid and going back to testing again. My speeds got considerably lower with the proxies removed and I have no idea why.
You don't have to factory reset, those are easily fixable things...

Upvote 0
You don't have to factory reset, those are easily fixable things...

I screwed up more than that my man. I have no mobile network at all now. On the lock screen where it usually shows Boost, I have 000000.

And the factory reset did not help. FYI it does not change your vocoders back or your PRL in case anyone besides myself thought it might. Tried PRL update, no go. Thinking.....

Update profile doesn't help either. Might need someone with DFS to pull info so I can go that route.

NVM....finally got it to accept a data profile update. Had to reboot and get it done quickly. Apparently it gives you a certain amount of time to do so before changing the network to 1xrtt in which you cannot update.

Upvote 0
Maybe but it sucks on my phone, but I am having problems with my warp and will be sending it to ZTE in the next few days(or the next two weeks) so I really cant give a review on it either way but that would make sense

When I reset to factory to ship the warp back it automatically pulled in 61008, called boost to activate the prevail the other night in the meantime and that too pulled in 61008, which still sucks I think and even worse at work than the warp did...but Im in maryland, work near pennsylvania state line

I just wonder since others are slowly getting the 61008 will boost drop the 61007 or keep it and add others...i have tried all of those listed here on the warp and the best one that worked for me was 60711...I changed the proxies before and it totally messed up the phone and got slower as well...I just cant wait until I get mine back:eviltongue:

Upvote 0
I screwed up more than that my man. I have no mobile network at all now. On the lock screen where it usually shows Boost, I have 000000.

And the factory reset did not help. FYI it does not change your vocoders back or your PRL in case anyone besides myself thought it might. Tried PRL update, no go. Thinking.....

Update profile doesn't help either. Might need someone with DFS to pull info so I can go that route.

NVM....finally got it to accept a data profile update. Had to reboot and get it done quickly. Apparently it gives you a certain amount of time to do so before changing the network to 1xrtt in which you cannot update.
Anytime u run into trouble, feel free to inbox me, i will be able to restore you via teamviewer, and no factory reset does not change vocoders or your prl, nobody claimed it did. (i myself am not in favor of this idea, its ONLY good if your in a super high covered 3g area, and u never leave there), but regardless, hit me up if u ever run into trouble.

Reactions: cartersball
Upvote 0
When I reset to factory to ship the warp back it automatically pulled in 61008, called boost to activate the prevail the other night in the meantime and that too pulled in 61008, which still sucks I think and even worse at work than the warp did...but Im in maryland, work near pennsylvania state line

I just wonder since others are slowly getting the 61008 will boost drop the 61007 or keep it and add others...i have tried all of those listed here on the warp and the best one that worked for me was 60711...I changed the proxies before and it totally messed up the phone and got slower as well...I just cant wait until I get mine back:eviltongue:
If you're changing the correct proxies, there should definately not be a slow down, when you get your phone back I'll run you through a few things if you'd like.

Reactions: dylanp
Upvote 0
I'm in Orange County NY....and i had most success w/ 60683, but i just updated to 61085 and i BELIEVE its a bit faster for me...I mean it's weird, i can have full bars of 3g, but it's just temporary it fades in 2 secs, so my Download speeds on 3g have never been above...150 kbps....I want to really test this out in an area with good 3g coverage and bring my laptop so i can try multiple PRL's

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones