• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Brand New Froyo 2.3.13

Will they release a zip for non-rooted users who went ahead and did the 2.2 leak? I ask because the initial post say this method is only available for those that have rooted, unless I missed something.
I know. I'm looking for a method that is similar to the way the first "leaked" 2.2 was installed. Didn't need any bootstrap or anything like that.

Will a version like that be released?

Upvote 0
Link are dead bacause...

P3Droid

So it seems that somehow, bit.ly got an order to kill our links to the DX download...have no fear we are relinking
10 minutes ago via web

and

P3Droid

UpDate: first two links killed - your item has been removed at the request of the copyright holder...I hope you got yours
3 minutes ago via web

Upvote 0

Ha I know. It's my only phone though and my gf didn't enjoy watching me yell at the computer all day. I'll continue to figure things out as I go, but for now I am happily back on FlyX v0.1 Final with build.prop mods (no LCD) and Gala X 1.4 theme.

Process was .sbf>androot>move su to xbin>2.2 ROM from ROM Manager>restore backup from this morning in ROM Manager.

Still wasn't the quickest, but it seems to be exactly as it was this morning, so I'm happy. Maybe a ROM will come out with the newer Froyo build in the next few days, if not I won't be too upset I honestly didn't notice anything to be different. Battery FC was still there, texting time stamp was still there, etc.

Upvote 0
Ha I know. It's my only phone though and my gf didn't enjoy watching me yell at the computer all day. I'll continue to figure things out as I go, but for now I am happily back on FlyX v0.1 Final with build.prop mods (no LCD) and Gala X 1.4 theme.

Process was .sbf>androot>move su to xbin>2.2 ROM from ROM Manager>restore backup from this morning in ROM Manager.

Still wasn't the quickest, but it seems to be exactly as it was this morning, so I'm happy. Maybe a ROM will come out with the newer Froyo build in the next few days, if not I won't be too upset I honestly didn't notice anything to be different. Battery FC was still there, texting time stamp was still there, etc.

You got some good experience out it at least.:) the only difference I can see is GMail fc ing now:thinking: My install went super easy though nothing like yours

Upvote 0
try this gmail, users from mydroidworld have had success with it
Gmail

All I get there is a chance to download songs. How the heck do you get the file?! Have you seen the site it is on. lol You can download everything in the world before you ever get to what you want. You don't happen to have the file and could email it to me or put it on a real download site not spam-a-lot-downloads ?? LOL

GOT IT!! the trick is to not click on anything that says download now LMAO

BTW thanks bot I hope it works. Tranquilty 2.3 is out by the way

Upvote 0
All I get there is a chance to download songs. How the heck do you get the file?! Have you seen the site it is on. lol You can download everything in the world before you ever get to what you want. You don't happen to have the file and could email it to me or put it on a real download site not spam-a-lot-downloads ?? LOL

GOT IT!! the trick is to not click on anything that says download now LMAO

lol:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

icon-what-whitebg.png

1. P3Droid
    tranquility 2.3.3 is now out, damn twitter overload......Tranquility 2.3.3: A Blurless Droid X is within Reach 7 minutes ago via web

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones