• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Calling issues

Yes...once you tell them what you want to do, they will know what you are talking about...I'm going on 2 weeks + without this issue...
OK...great, thank you!
I re-read your post and realized you were calling with wifi. I'm using grooveip so I don't think it's the same thing. But I'm having a problem where the call suddenly disconnects. Happens both when I use grooveip and regular phone. I tried flashing the other radio, then went back to the original.

Upvote 0
OK...great, thank you!
I re-read your post and realized you were calling with wifi. I'm using grooveip so I don't think it's the same thing. But I'm having a problem where the call suddenly disconnects. Happens both when I use grooveip and regular phone. I tried flashing the other radio, then went back to the original.

I'm not sure if this is the same or not, but I did hear, that TM is the only one who offers WiFi calling. And that appears to be something that grooveip seems to be one of it's main features. I don't think it would hurt you to try it, but that's up to you. Do you notice if it's doing it with out the wifi feature enabled?

From Home screen it the MENU icon, then SETTINGS, then WIRELESS AND NETWORKS and disable WIFI CALLING, just to test it out. I don't know if you should even turn off WiFi all together to test it as well... Just a trouble shooting step for ya...

Upvote 0
Interesting question! Well, I can't turn the wifi calling on and off to test your idea. It gives me an error message for 911.

Ohh...I think that's the 911 set up thing for the wifi calling feature. When you use that and you dial 911 in an emergency, they won't know your physical address, until you set that up. You can find how to do it here: Support: Set Up an Emergency 9-1-1 Address (My T-Mobile)

But in a nut shell:

MyT-Mobile steps

Go to https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/?rc=&dest=https://my.t-mobile.com:443/default.aspx and log in to your MyT-Mobile account.
Under Manage, click Your profile.
Under Customer information, click Edit.
Click Customer info.
Enter your home address and click the Save changes button when finished.Note: Allow up to one hour for the 9-1-1 address to update.

Let me know how you make out...

Reactions: Atma
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones