• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera and/or mic yet?

Nightlies in the last week or so fixed:

• Charging issues. Previously, if you plugged in the charger when your TP was off, it would seem to be charging, but would actually drain your battery. This nasty bug broke a few TP's. You'd have to open it up and charge the battery to get it running again and HP wouldn't fix it if Android was on it.
  • Microphone. I'm sure there are still some issues, but the mic works for many (most) apps now.
  • Reboots when sleeping. Also fixed by the audio libs included with the microphone fix.

If your cm9 is older than 6/20, you should update, it's win-win. :D

Reactions: jericko
Upvote 0
I am currently running the latest AOKP, is it worth wiping and switching to CM9 for these features or should I wait for an AOKP update?

Latest aopk (b39) is broken and has major issues. I hope you're not running that. Anything that comes out in cm9 is quickly added to aopk.

I'd wait, but you could also create a backup in recovery and restore it when the mic works in aopk.

Nice have mic but can't get s voice work anyone try this to and of so how get it working

What app isn't working? How did you install this? Did you also install the updates, which aren't needed?

Upvote 0
Okay. I installed 0620 this morning and while I haven't yet had a chance to play with the mic, I have noticed one thing - I haven't dropped wifi all day! With 0429, every time I put the TP to sleep and woke it up, wifi was dropped and I'd have to turn wifi off, then back on. Glad I upped to 0620!

Upvote 0
Latest aopk (b39) is broken and has major issues. I hope you're not running that. Anything that comes out in cm9 is quickly added to aopk.

I'd wait, but you could also create a backup in recovery and restore it when the mic works in aopk.

What app isn't working? How did you install this? Did you also install the updates, which aren't needed?

it's the s voice app from the galaxy 3 I got installed now I got signed one supposed to work with 4.0.4 I still get a network error though almost there I'll keep updated if I find a workaround

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones