• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you active an EVO on Boost Mobile?

Hello. I currently have an Evo and am gonna get it switched over to boost. There is a local place that will flash it and try to hook it up for a minimal fee but I have seen a few websites like what you are saying. Just don't know if I can trust them. Please pm me so I can make sure I am doing it through the right place. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hi. New to the forums. But long time phone junkie android fan.

I am currently using a htc evo on boost and like stated above everything works perfect except 4g of course. I bought it from a site online. He also does your evo/epic or evo shift if you send it in to him for a fee. Works perfect and very happy with it until the motorola bionic comes out for verizon.

Please message me so I know i go through the right people please.

Upvote 0
thats cool, IF you stay local to your major city. Otherwise, cricket will probably leave you haning. The nice thing about Boost Mobile and Virgin is you get (most) of Sprints network to use.
You can even change the PRL file using QPST to allow better usage of Sprints network owith Virgin Mobile. Just download the Sprtint PRL file (Google It) and Flash it using QPST. You will need your MSL/SPC code to write which you can get using various methods depending on your phone (Again...GoogleIt)

Upvote 0
Wats up everyone. I bought a EVO 4g (CLEAN ESN) and i have a boost account already and want the EVO on my boost mobile account. I dont trust mailing someone my phone to flash or anything. What steps should i take? :cool:
Thanks
Call boost and tell them you just bought an optimus V and need to activate it. They will tell you the steps to get it done. Don't tell them it is an EVO or they will not activate it.

Reactions: 412mix
Upvote 0
Call boost and tell them you just bought an optimus V and need to activate it. They will tell you the steps to get it done. Don't tell them it is an EVO or they will not activate it.

I CALLED and after i hung up i noticed my boost phone cant place or receive calls. so i go to the boost mobile website to loggin to my account and it would log me in. it tells me that for new activations it takes longer to loggin.
i put the msl code and my correct msid number in my evo but i cant use the phone.
what should i do next. thanks:thinking:

Upvote 0
I CALLED and after i hung up i noticed my boost phone cant place or receive calls. so i go to the boost mobile website to loggin to my account and it would log me in. it tells me that for new activations it takes longer to loggin.
i put the msl code and my correct msid number in my evo but i cant use the phone.

But you got the evo on boost and now just having trouble with what will work and what won't right?

Upvote 0
Hi tygerwolf76,

Would you ever able to turn your EVO to boost??

Upvote 0
Hi tygerwolf76,

Would you ever able to turn your EVO to boost??

I used a service on Ebay and my phone works with boost just great. The only thing I have found not to work is my voicemail notification and in that case I downloaded a vm notifier app in the market. So now everything works.

The guy did everything from his computer to mine thru teamviewer and he used a donor boost phone that was cdma. Then I was guided thru what to say when I called boost and it worked.

Upvote 0
I used a service on Ebay and my phone works with boost just great. The only thing I have found not to work is my voicemail notification and in that case I downloaded a vm notifier app in the market. So now everything works.

The guy did everything from his computer to mine thru teamviewer and he used a donor boost phone that was cdma. Then I was guided thru what to say when I called boost and it worked.
can you tell how you did it on ebay asap please i need to do this tonight 7/25

Upvote 0
from what ive read, it seems like you need to get a boot mobile phone up and running, call them and tell them that it broke and that you have a different boot phone that you either got from a buddy or bought online or whatever, give the rep the esn (and DONT TELL THEM ITS AN EVO!!) and have them activate it just like its a BM phone

Upvote 0
Hi Yalls.
Im a newbie here, and i recently change my boost account to the 50 unlimited and bought the Prevail, my self i dont like the prevail its too small but only got it because i like android OS, looks like boost discontinued the i1 but oh well.
here is my thing, the prevail runs with android which i like but i do not like the phone, i like the evo but its a sprint phone.
Here is the kicker i just dont get, the prevail box saids this.

Nationwide Sprint Network
CDMA series

If the EVO is a sprint phone and also a CDMA phone none the less, why is it that one cant not just switch devices if both of them are controlled by sprint and both of them are CDMA series phones.

I just dont get it, how is sprint and boost going to contradict them self's by telling people you cant switch from a CDMA to another CDMA and both being from a Sprint Network.

Upvote 0
Hi Yalls.
Im a newbie here, and i recently change my boost account to the 50 unlimited and bought the Prevail, my self i dont like the prevail its too small but only got it because i like android OS, looks like boost discontinued the i1 but oh well.
here is my thing, the prevail runs with android which i like but i do not like the phone, i like the evo but its a sprint phone.
Here is the kicker i just dont get, the prevail box saids this.

Nationwide Sprint Network
CDMA series

If the EVO is a sprint phone and also a CDMA phone none the less, why is it that one cant not just switch devices if both of them are controlled by sprint and both of them are CDMA series phones.

I just dont get it, how is sprint and boost going to contradict them self's by telling people you cant switch from a CDMA to another CDMA and both being from a Sprint Network.

you answered the question yourself "why is it that one cant not just switch devices if both of them are controlled by sprint and both of them are CDMA series phones"
sprints controls it, so they can do whatever they want with them...maybe it's in Boost's contract with Sprint that they can't activate certain Sprint phones, dunno

Upvote 0

Hey can you please email me yanelin_51@hotmail.com I need to do the same thing and I am lost. Thanks !

Upvote 0
hey im somewhat new i got my prevail rooted before from this website so that was a good thing. but now i got sick of it and got myself a evo 4g and want to switch it over my prevail on my account. there is a way to do it i downloaded that qualcomm flash thing now from what i understand i just need to get some packet from my phone and flash it to the evo. anyone got a simple guide or even complex i dont wanna be paying any money id rather do it myself. information shouldnt cost 10 dollars it should be free. because we are getting screwed over already enough. you contribite freely and someone else helps you without knowing it and contributing freely. thats how the internet works.. welll thanks to anyone that can help me out with this

Upvote 0
I have some files posted from another site said to work and I am attempting to flash the HTC Evo from Sprint to Boost. I will post the results/files if people are still interested.

utdarkviper:

Im interest in the Sprint EVO activation wt Boost as well.........can u post or send me the info when u have it available ?????

Thanks

Have either of yinz seen this guide? :
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/460035-evo-4g-boost-mobile-guide.html

I hope this helps out. :) I'm not very experienced with the process, sorry. :eek:

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones