Charger IssuesSupport

1. CorneliusWest

CorneliusWest New Member

Recently I've had issues charging my phone. It used to be that I had to put the plug into the phone in a particular way and it would begin charging. Now it won't charge at all while it is on and when I try to charge it while it is off, the battery screen shows up, then goes off and this repeats. It is charging, but at a very slow pace; so, for example, I left it off at 11 pm last night and when I checked it this morning, it had charged at around seventy percent. What do I do to fix this? Is it an issue with the port or what?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Best way to find out if its the phone or the cable is to use another charger. borrow one from someone or pick one up at a store and try it and see.
  3. CorneliusWest

CorneliusWest New Member

So, I tried my roommates chargers and had the same issue. I even tried the one they had in their car.
  4. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Sorry bro, 3/3 means its your phone..
  5. CorneliusWest

CorneliusWest New Member

So, does that mean I should just get a new one or is there a method to solve this myself?
  6. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

short of opening up your phone and resoldering whatever has come loose you're phones port is done. You may be able to send it back to samsung for repairs if warranty is still in effect or insurance.

Alternatively you can buy a battery charger that is outside of the phone to charge your battery(ies) and slap them in the phone once they are charged..

Something like the following..

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/m930charger.html?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKaT-raK0bICFYSo4Aod23cA0A

though I have never used this vendor or product..
  7. dolfinluvr

dolfinluvr Well-Known Member

I was having the same problem with mine I did a factory reset and it fixed it but I also lost my scrollable wallpaper in the process.