• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Class action law suite for Youtube app disfunction

Yes, I would do something about it: I'd teach them not to spill hot beverages on themselves. It's called "personal responsibility", something severely lacking in this nation (world?). Any kindergartner can learn that you don't touch hot things and so can an aged woman.

Again, nothing you've said here fits with what currently goes on in our judicial system. Ridiculous awards are doled out by juries across this nation virtually on a daily basis so for you to sit there and say that somehow the system polices itself is more than laughable. The next time I see an ambulance chaser ad on TV I'll remind myself what you've said here.

Interestingly enough, I received my latest jury summons yesterday in the mail. This would be the same court that I served on 2 years in which I, and the other jury members, ruled against a gentleman's ridiculous and frivolous lawsuit involving a motor vehicle accident. He tried to tell us his 12 year old Chrysler minivan with 250,000 miles on it was worth $15,000 and that he should also be paid for work days that he missed even though he had no proof that he missed any. This case dragged on for 7 years until we shot him down. I guess his lawyer was one of "the vast majority of attorneys" who "would provide the appropriate guidance".

Wow! Argument by both myth and anecdote. No facts, no figures (and with fully sourced figures like these, I can see why). I also like the "accidents will never happen to me" and the "corporations never commit wrongdoing" naivete to top it off.

We all agree that the OP doesn't have a case, and that fact, combined with the small number of plaintiffs and the minuscule potential damages per plaintiff, means that no attorney would waste their time on it.

I think that we've beaten this dead horse enough.

BTW, hrbib21: We all know that the term "liberal judge" means "all judges with which I disagree;" you don't need to use code.

Upvote 0
Wow! Argument by both myth and anecdote. No facts, no figures (and with fully sourced figures like these, I can see why). I also like the "accidents will never happen to me" and the "corporations never commit wrongdoing" naivete to top it off.

We all agree that the OP doesn't have a case, and that fact, combined with the small number of plaintiffs and the minuscule potential damages per plaintiff, means that no attorney would waste their time on it.

I think that we've beaten this dead horse enough.

BTW, hrbib21: We all know that the term "liberal judge" means "all judges with which I disagree;" you don't need to use code.
ESP is clearly not your strong suit (or is it suite?). Since you feel the need to take it to a personal level, I clearly "win" the debate. But I will gladly await your forthcoming facts that actually prove what you've said thus far, since I will automatically discount the clearly and overtly biased (Mission & History) website you provided. From your link: "On August 16, 1946, a group of nine plaintiffs’ attorneys involved in workers’ compensations litigation met in a hotel room at the Heathman Hotel in Portland, Oregon." Very impartial, I'm sure.

I do, however, totally agree with one point: The topic has been beaten to death and so has your entire argument.

A good evening to you, sir/madam.

Upvote 0
I would like to thank everyone for stating to give stars for this thread. We have reached one star and growing from none and I am confident we can reach 5 stars so please vote. I will keep everyone posted on developments.

I'm not saying this to say I was "first"...but I was the first to rate this thread. I gave it a one star. Just because it has one star compared to the no stars before doesn't mean its better...it just means that people are now going out of their way to let you know how "terrible" this thread is. Also, I have a somewhat personal question for you. How old are you?

Upvote 0
Have you looked at the meaning of the stars? 1 Star = Terrible.

Not exactly a compliment.

I'm thinking that he was using sarcasm... then again, he's obviously not too intelligent (no offense) so maybe he was being serious. Either way, I think this whole thread is hilarious. God, he must have a terrible life to complain about this kind of thing.

Dear OP: I think an iPhone is probably your cup of tea..

Upvote 0
We are organizing a class action law suite for the failure of the Youtube app service and HTC/Verizon/Google doing nothing about it. Everyone paid for this app and function and this service interruption which is estimated to last for MONTHS will not go unpunished.

This is currenlty affecting Eris users and maybe Sprint Hero users as well.
Then why mention VZW at all when it is affecting Sprint as well. And you didn't pay for YouTube. It's a perk, one of many functioning features, that just happened to not work. You want it so bad go buy an iPhone.

Suing over this is pathetic.

633801847724396865-flameshield.jpg

Upvote 0
First off...
There really needs to be a national stupid registry. One where stupid people are required to register and then all their communications are filtered to avoid the pain and suffering of others who may have to listen to said stupid person.

Secondly...
OPEN YOUTUBE IN THE ERIS BROWSER YOU ****!!! Sure the app may have issues but the HTC flash player plays you tube videos just fine. Bookmark the youtube page and use the bookmarks widget.

This level of stupid could kill someone. This should be monitored closely so no one gets seriously injured.

As you can probably tell... I would like to not be included in this. I could care less if the boobtube app is broken.

Upvote 0
Secondly...
OPEN YOUTUBE IN THE ERIS BROWSER YOU ****!!! Sure the app may have issues but the HTC flash player plays you tube videos just fine. Bookmark the youtube page and use the bookmarks widget.

This level of stupid could kill someone. This should be monitored closely so no one gets seriously injured.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. And this guy wants to sue over this?!? Amazing. Just amazing.

Upvote 0
Then why mention VZW at all when it is affecting Sprint as well. And you didn't pay for YouTube. It's a perk, one of many functioning features, that just happened to not work. You want it so bad go buy an iPhone.

Suing over this is pathetic.
OH REALLY??? Its a "perk"????

Is the phone dialer app function also just a "perk"
Is the phone camera app function just a "perk"
Is the phone browser app just a "perk"
Is the phone touch screen function just a "perk"

Now you see where your logic gets big fat PWNED....

Upvote 0
OH REALLY??? Its a "perk"????

Is the phone dialer app function also just a "perk"
Is the phone camera app function just a "perk"
Is the phone browser app just a "perk"
Is the phone touch screen function just a "perk"

Now you see where your logic gets big fat PWNED....

you are a little kid aren't you....oo ooo PWNED PWNED....grow up dude.

The phone is not a perk, the touch screen is not a perk, everything else for all intents and purposes is though.

If no-one could make calls or no-ones screen worked i think you may have better luck with this law suite

Upvote 0

The phone is not a perk, the touch screen is not a perk, everything else for all intents and purposes is though.

If no-one could make calls or no-ones screen worked i think you may have better luck with this law suite
You have to understnad that you dont understand that you PAYED for EACH and EVERY app that is on your phone. You dont understand this becuase you are not a software engineer or have any experience in developing any kind of product. So please stop living in your own reality. Its best for you to just say that you dont know (which you dont) and stay idle.

Upvote 0
Any media feature is just an add-on. You are not paying for it so yes. It is a perk. It is an application. The phone works, the web works, SMS/MMS work, the camera works. That is what you are paying for.

Thanks Caddyman

Upvote 0
This is a frigin JOKE!!! Hey tardo get a life. Youtube doesnt work with the shortcut On my god what am I gonna do? Well let see...Oh I can open up my browser and watch it from there on my god it worked. I am so sick and tired of these worthless people spending our hard earned tax money, on such stupid stuff. With our commander and cheif, and people like this, our country is going down the frigin drain

Upvote 0
First off...
There really needs to be a national stupid registry. One where stupid people are required to register and then all their communications are filtered to avoid the pain and suffering of others who may have to listen to said stupid person.

Every time we try to make the world idiot proof, the universe just creates bigger and better idiots. Don't believe me? Then take a look at this.

Natural selection IS a good thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones