• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Clock is giving me the wrong time?

You may have done this already, but My advice is to do a reboot. Once the phone is off do a battery pull and wait 30 seconds to a minute before replacing the battery and powering back on.

That should fix it, but if not, then navigate; menu key -> settings -> Date and Time. Check the 'Automatic' box and it will reset to 'use network provided values' it should re-sync the time with Sprint/Satellite. If that doesn't update it, then make sure 'Automatic' is un-checked and you can reset the date, your time zone and the set time to whatever you want.

These settings are somewhat hidden and don't exactly jump out at you when you look through the menus.

Upvote 0
ok i fixed it, but any idea as to why it did this? It was on automatic. Im wondering if anything else is wrong with it now...

I've got no good ideas as to why. There could be something going on with it. Maybe a different app interfering? Maybe the system thinks you are located somewhere else. GPS settings, Weather app?

Maybe you could check/update the PRL and Profile (Menu->Settings->System Updates). It might help?

Check out this thread, it might give you some ideas:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-sup...-phone-telling-me-wrong-time.html#post2039553

One guy had a app or widget interference, and one other guy's phone thought he was in Estonia so he called Sprint and they helped do a OTA network reset.

Upvote 0
This began to happen after the late December OTA Update. We got Blockbuster, Kindle, and lost our time and place. My EVO does this on a daily basis. Its kind of fun to see where it thinks it is. Angola and Estonia are my phones favorite destinations. You can reset, reboot, battery out, Sprint Network reset. You name it I have tried it. Just last night it just decided it was 4:00 AM when it was about 6:00 PM. Seems like 10 Hours off is a favorite time for it to display. Lets see if we can get another update to fix the bugs from the last "Bloatware" Sprint forced us to use. I have learned NOTto depend on this phone. It was flawless before the update.

Upvote 0
had the same issue yesterday and today...pulled battery, didn't help...then unchecked and rechecked "automatic" in time settings and that did the trick...

but now i have another time-related issue: the time on my text messages is showing the wrong time. they are 3 hours off (which is the same discrepancy the rest of the phone had)...it's the stock program that came with the phone, not a third-party app.

anyone having a similar problem? any solutions?

Upvote 0
my time keeps changing randomly to india standard time . its like it loves going to meerut . its ever since i updated the phone with blockbuster , kindle , etc. ive called sprint and they just had me clear storage , and it works for a while , but lately its been happening on a daily basis . ive went to settings and changed automatic on and off , nothing works . i dont know what else to do .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones