• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Clockwork Mod.

gordo84

Aug 27, 2012
Hello, I've got a few questions, and. I apologize if this has been covered/or I'm in the wrong forum. I flashed ics on my tab in august and have been thinking about putting a custom jellybean rom on my tablet thanks to Samsung not taking care of their customers. Anyhow I have two things to ask,
1. If I flash clockwork mod onto my tablet, is it possible to reverse, and if so, how?
2. Where can I download a solid rom/cwm?

If I could I would like to get a rom I could just flash with oddin, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for any help you guys might have.

Hello, I've got a few questions, and. I apologize if this has been covered/or I'm in the wrong forum. I flashed ics on my tab in august and have been thinking about putting a custom jellybean rom on my tablet thanks to Samsung not taking care of their customers. Anyhow I have two things to ask,
1. If I flash clockwork mod onto my tablet, is it possible to reverse, and if so, how?
2. Where can I download a solid rom/cwm?

If I could I would like to get a rom I could just flash with oddin, so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks in advance for any help you guys might have.

Hi Gordo.
If you flash CWM, you can go back by flashing the stock ICS ROM, and then doing a wipe/reset. This will get you back to like new condition.
XDA Developers is probably the best forum for custom ROMs.
However, as yet, there isn't a Jelly Bean ROM that's completely finished, with everything working properly.
I've been tempted to try one of the JB ROMs, but to tell you the truth, I'm VERY pleased with my tab running ICS.
My tab is rooted, and I run the Nova Prime launcher. With Nova, my tab runs like a rocket, and everything works great. No need to try a ROM that's not finished yet.

Upvote 0
I just tried a couple JB ROMs on my Tab 10.1 wifi (p4wifi). terrible terrible problems with each one. in one, the screen-keyboard wouldn't run (and would pop-up a message box telling me that every 4-5 seconds.) in another, the trebucher launcher crashed within seconds after booting up.

I have JB on my Galaxy S III phone and like it alot, but will definitely be waiting for a more stable release on CM or AOKP before trying that again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones