• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

Hehehehe, I figured you are a couple of hours ahead of me, so I needed to act quickly before you get off work ! ;) Grinnzzzzzz But heyyyyy, My version is the 5.0.2.7, maybe he needs the 5.0.2.6 which I don't have ! ;)
Lmao. Well i believe i still have copies of all of hroarks cwm releases, so if needed, let me know. :D

Just to be safe here is CWM 5.0.2.6:
HROARK_CWMv5.0.2.6_SPH-M820.zip

Upvote 0
Aaahhh I see...well...could the reason my phone wont auto reboot at the end of
of cwm odin intall have anything to do with the bootloader? Is cwm the only recovery
out there? If I rooted another prevail thats not activated at this time....will
boost turn it on without a hassle would anyone know? Haven't
wanted to do that cause I have to use the screen from my working
phone.....and I didnt really want to take it apart again! Altho

Upvote 0
So, quick question. I've still got TWRP on my phone and I'd like to go back to CWM until hroark gets a chance to fix the issues with TWRP. Problem is, my usb cable is broken so I can't use odin to put cwm back on atm and I'm a bit broke as far as getting a new one. Can I use the CWM update zip to flash back or am I screwed for the time being?

I probably don't have much to worry about anyway as the problem was on the stock roms because it formats to ext4 when recovering and I'm on CTMod anyway but I figure better safe than sorry.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sadly you can't... I believe it is a problem related to the rfs filesystem (Samsungs proprietary Robust File System). What you CAN do though, is flash Half Ass Rom, it is the stock rom designed to work with the ext4 filesystem, which cwm supports properly.

But as far as restoring her apps etc... to my knowledge, your S.O.L. :(

Upvote 0
Sadly you can't... I believe it is a problem related to the rfs filesystem (Samsungs proprietary Robust File System). What you CAN do though, is flash Half Ass Rom, it is the stock rom designed to work with the ext4 filesystem, which cwm supports properly.

But as far as restoring her apps etc... to my knowledge, your S.O.L. :(

You could pull the apk's from the data.tar and reinstall them that way. Granted you will have to re-setup your accounts and stuff like that, but you will have all of your previously installed apps.

Upvote 0
Will that work for her /data/data too?

It may. I personally haven't tried it. I have extracted the apk's to my sdcard, but not the /data/data folder.

Also, if you are using a data mod like Kouma's ssm mod all apk's and app data will be in the data.ext4.tar and if your using the /data to sdext mod, your apk's and app data will be in the sd-ext.ext4.tar.

From what I have been able to tell, you should be able to extract the /data/app folder and the /data/data folders, then re-install apps, the go into your extracted /data/data folder(on your sdcard), multi-select all of the data folders for your apps, copy them to your /data/data folder, then reboot recovery, fix permissions, clear dalvik cache and reboot. I can't guarantee that this won't cause any ill effects, but theoretically it should work. Just make sure that you REPLACE the folders in the /data/data folder with the ones from your sdcard, and make sure that you don't end up pasting duplicates.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0
Just got around to having the time to install CTMod 3.75.2 and was making a backup before i got going and i noticed that the backup keep coming out dated 2007-01-01.00.00.46???

i tried it 3 times, cleaned out the backup folder and then did it again - same thing. the last recovery backup i did (right after i did the 3.68 update) came out dated right.

i think i have the most current - says v5.0.2.7 in recovery mode, that's Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7 Fixed right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones