• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod v5.0.2.7 (file system/recovery utility) update 01/12/12 FIXED

I have followed your steps. I put the stick.zip in mnt/sdcard/dcim. it wont let me move it to just the sdcard directory. i followed your steps and i go into downloading mode. plug in the usb, open odin and my phone isnt showing up. i assume the drivers are installed. when i click to install nothing happens. Under devies though is shows samsung sph-m820 card usb device.

Upvote 0
I have followed your steps. I put the stick.zip in mnt/sdcard/dcim. it wont let me move it to just the sdcard directory. i followed your steps and i go into downloading mode. plug in the usb, open odin and my phone isnt showing up. i assume the drivers are installed. when i click to install nothing happens. Under devies though is shows samsung sph-m820 card usb device.

Did you install the drivers provided here? Are you sure its in downloading mode? (Black screen with the word 'downloading...' on the screen in yellow? )
Are you using a USB hub? (Don't)

Upvote 0
I got superuser, wifi titanium back up and all that. I can't install cwm. I contiuously try. I can get it into downloading mode however I cant get it to boot into recovery mode, Also. any good websites to teach me how to use busybox? Any tips? I am loving learning all of this stuff. (1st smart phone) and it was given to me about a week ago.

Upvote 0
I got superuser, wifi titanium back up and all that. I can't install cwm. I contiuously try. I can get it into downloading mode however I cant get it to boot into recovery mode, Also. any good websites to teach me how to use busybox? Any tips? I am loving learning all of this stuff. (1st smart phone) and it was given to me about a week ago.

Is the Phone rooted already when you got it? What rom is on the phone if so? To get into CWM just hold power vol up and camera at same time and that gets you into it, If ct-mod is on phone just hit power for like 2 seconds and that will bring you too a menu to get into it. Finally if not on there you need to use odin to install it!

Upvote 0
The link to install CWM with Odin appears broken. I have a Factory Reset Prevail (@ FF19 ) I'd like to get CWM on. Any help?

I just made this and flashed it myself. the zip contains recovery.tar.md5. Unzip it and add it to the One Package. Enjoy.

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    7 MB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
I apologize for that. This is my first time rooting a phone and I got confused because of the different file names. Thanks!

Totally understandable. I would mention though, if you use Odin to install one of the rooted images it also installs cwm. :)

Oh, and welcome to android forums. :)

(Ps- no apology needed.)

Upvote 0
Hi,

I think you might got things mixed up here.....

If you want to update the BASEBAND "EJ06", you need the newer BASEBAND "FE16 or FF19", which include CWM....

CM7 is the ROM and I am not sure if you need the stick.zip in order to install the CM7 ROM..... For example, stick.zip is not needed for the ROM CTMod.....

Maybe a CM user can post if you still need the stick.zip file......

Upvote 0
if there is a less convoluted way to get this done i would like to hear.

i dont NEED cm7. im mainly after a fast and lightweight ROM with an OC kernel and performance tweaks that is stable and has carrier iq and bloat removed. cyanogen mod has always done me right in the past with other devices, but im open to other suggestions.

Upvote 0
if there is a less convoluted way to get this done i would like to hear.

i dont NEED cm7. im mainly after a fast and lightweight ROM with an OC kernel and performance tweaks that is stable and has carrier iq and bloat removed. cyanogen mod has always done me right in the past with other devices, but im open to other suggestions.

The latest stock is stable and has carrier IQ removed

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones