• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CM10.1 with 3.0.72 kernel

D

Deleted User

JC Sullins has posted for testing, cm 10.1 with a 3.0.72 kernel.

Dirty installed JC's new CM10.1/3.0 kernel rom over the top of his old Bluetooth/snapshot rom. Bluetooth and the camera do not work as he has stated. Other than that, I cannot find anything else that does not work. I ran Quadrant and Antutu benchmarks, Quadrant jumped from around 2040 to around 3016, Antutu jumped from around 6080 to around 10,880. Microphone works, (I am dictating this message using it) music plays, YouTube videos play, and everything I tried worked.

With wifi settings(keep wifi on during sleep)set to never and WiFi optimization turned off, the wifi wakes up just fine after being asleep for an hour or two. I can play music and then put the touchpad to sleep, and music continues to play just fine. Battery usage is around 13mA while asleep.

Here is a link to the Goo.I'm page where he posted it so you can download and try it out.

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing testing

cm-10.1-20140105-EXPERIMENTAL-3KERN_TEST-tenderloin.zip

Reactions: zoxxo and colchiro
Agreed!!!! Let's just hope he follows through and gets the BT and camera working too. For me, that Rom would be the absolute sweet spot. They are going to have to drag me kicking and screaming into data/media land. :mad:

Haven't seem much of you over in Rootzwiki or XDA lately. Busy, bored or fed up? :D

Upvote 0
All the above... :D

Fed up with Rootzwiki's handling of links, etc. with the new web style.
Playing with a couple of new Win 8 Sony Vaio Duo tablets. Trying to catchup in their forums to decide which one to keep. (Faster one is 11", i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb ssd, slower one is 13" i5, 4gb, 128)

Now that Christmas stuff is over, you might find me more active.

Upvote 0
I bought them used on fleaBay for $850 each. :D $1300+ is out of my range too.

Check out the HP Pavilion X2 and the HP Split X2. Both have removable dock so can be used as a tablet or laptop. They're a little cheaper, esp on fleaBay.

Nice thing about the Sony's, they have a SSD so boot up under a minute and lightweight. The newer Sony Vaio Duo 13 has a 10 hour battery thanks to the Haswell chipset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones