• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Coheed And Cambria Live Wallpaper

I have a question, when I install the JETS wall paper you modded for me to work with Jrummy's version of Koush's version of Cyanogen's rom I use adb and it works fine. My problem is it overwrites the nexus wall paper. How do I have both the JETS paper you made me and the nexus wall paper? Im sorry I know this is a case of I want my cake and eat it too, but I just do.

The mods work by replacing a few files from the original lwp. So, once you change it the first one will be gone. There is a simple fix for this since you are running JRummy's remix though. I simply put Shizzy's lwp in my goodies folder in the slot for one of the custom lwps that come with JRummy. After that, you can change the lwp with JRummy's scripts. For instance, I put the Tigers lwp that Shizzy made me in /sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/lwpgreen (be sure to remove the file already there and that the new file is named LiveWallpapers.apk). Now without a lwp running (causes reboot), go to terminal emulator and type su. After that, type lwpgreen and hit enter. When I go back to home, I can select lwp neural network and the custom lwp loads. If I want to change back, I put on a static wp, go to the terminal emulator and run the script for the lwp that I want. JRummy makes it easy on ya.

Upvote 0
The mods work by replacing a few files from the original lwp. So, once you change it the first one will be gone. There is a simple fix for this since you are running JRummy's remix though. I simply put Shizzy's lwp in my goodies folder in the slot for one of the custom lwps that come with JRummy. After that, you can change the lwp with JRummy's scripts. For instance, I put the Tigers lwp that Shizzy made me in /sdcard/goodies/livewallpapers/lwpgreen (be sure to remove the file already there and that the new file is named LiveWallpapers.apk). Now without a lwp running (causes reboot), go to terminal emulator and type su. After that, type lwpgreen and hit enter. When I go back to home, I can select lwp neural network and the custom lwp loads. If I want to change back, I put on a static wp, go to the terminal emulator and run the script for the lwp that I want. JRummy makes it easy on ya.

Believe it or not I did the same exact thing! Except I replaced the lwpgreen with the JETS wallpaper.

Reactions: Bunsen Honeydew
Upvote 0
Believe it or not I did the same exact thing! Except I replaced the lwpgreen with the JETS wallpaper.

I was wondering if I could change the filenames and it would still work. I haven't had the time to try it out either. The scripts work fine then? Very cool. That means that I can add more without losing any.:)

Upvote 0
I will glady make them for you, but my friend and I are planning to create an app for simple downloading and installing of these custom .apks so if those plans come to fruition the wallpapers wont be available until the app is released. If not, i will release them here. I should know in a few days if this idea is for serious. Thank you for your patience.

Sounds great! Any updates?

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say thank you for these great Wallpapers. Working on my Samsung Moment. Question: how can we install another in place of the one we already have working? example: form the Cowboys to the Lakers wallpapers? thanks so much, you made my day. :D

Ha glad you like them! You can install the lakers one over the cowboys one the same way you installed the cowboys one. You'll just lose the cowboys one in the process. But theyre easy to switch, and when we get the app up and running it'll be even easier. :)

Upvote 0
can I get a san diego chargers one? just with the bolt or something similar... if you go to chargers.com the very top, main logo would be perfect if thats possible. Thanks so much!

16kosc4.png

There's a sample, you're just gonna have to wait a while for it! Hope you dont mind :p:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Lol what method are you using? and what Rom are you on? If its cyanogen or jrummy there's instructions in the first post on how to do it :)

It was doing that with both of the downloads but eventually i figured it out after some snooping. I had to go into RE and change the permissions. Good work though! anyway you could make me the orange Tigers D too? lol

PS

I am using a Cyanogen mod.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones