• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Constant Rom Switchers

M

Member138406

To the people that switch Roms fairly often: What are you using to get settings and apps back as painlessly as possible? I was told titanium donated version will install all your apps back with the press of one button is that right? I been using web installer with Appbrian.. its helpful but still a pain in the ass since I have a lot of apps.

I installed the first Froyo leak, and now I been using some of adrynalynes' roms.. but its just a pain in the ass if your doing full wipes to make installs are clean... Suggestions please.

I think my biggest issue with the few ROM switches I've performed is that if I use Titanium Backup (I paid for Pro) I still lose the links within the "Downloads" portion of the Market. I'm giving appbrain a shot, but it still doesn't fix the whole market problem. Subtle, but rather annoying to me.

titanium backs up your market links... just go to menu>more>market doctor... I donated for titanium and it was well worth it... did the update to thirdwave with a full wipe/reset and was back up to good as new in about 10 minutes... I only back up the green system files and my apps and with the paid version you dont need to click install for every app it just goes through them all with 1 click

Upvote 0
Is there a way to back up SMS. Whenever I do a new rom I always just restore missing apps+data but this does not restore my message history. Most of my work is done through email but I do have the occasional sms conversation with clients for urgent matters. So far I've not found a way to properly backup or restore these.

I use this for my SMS: SMS Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
for the ones that use adw launcher, there is a settings and backup feature, it saves your layouts and settings to your sd card, so once you restore via titanium, or whatnot, reload the adw settings and it will get you back on track.

anyone know why we are such rom whores....??? i was perfectly happy with the jager 3.2 rom, then cyangen 6 rc3 came out last night and i dropped jager like it was my adopted stepbrother, then started messing with settings installing system apps, ended up doing a nandroid back to jager cause i got stuck in a bootloop, now im sitting here trying to decide if i should reinstall cm6 again, or just stick with jager..... whats wrong with me? i like all the tweaks and VANILLA of cm6, but the look and feel of the jager rom is right up my ally!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones