• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWMR (Clockworkmod Recovery) For Micromax A25 by VAIBHAV

Procedure to recover ur IMEI if its showing invalid imei after flashing or rooting
Go to this link
http://www.4shared.com/zip/n4bBAX-K/imei.html
Download file
Extract it & run imei.exe file then run dos.cmd after that write imei in this format
imei.exe 123456789012345 123456789012345

Of course replace the first number with the first IMEI you see on the sticker and the second number with the second)
Press enter

Now it should generate a file nammed MP0B_001_NEW
Now copy this file to the phone

Then go to ES File Explorer, Find the MP0B_001_NEW file you just copied, long press on it, copy.

Now go to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI and press Paste. Once the MP0B_001_NEW is copied, long press on the MP0B_001 and delete it. Then long press on the MP0B_001_NEW and rename it to MP0B_001.

Now restart your phone and you should have your IMEI back.
*THIS METHOD IS FOR ROOTED PHONES ONLY
*U CAN USE ANY FILE EXPLORER BUT I RECOMMEND ES BECAUSE IT FAST,FREE & EASY

Upvote 0
Thanks a million, Abhii1902 and vaibhavcoolm!

Abhii1902, it worked like a charm!

Update:

One issue I'm currently facing: (I'll do my best to list any other, if I find)
-Play Store crashes after a few seconds of launch
-FM Radio doesn't respond
-Gallery opens a blank screen and doesn't respond
-Occational WiFi disconnection

Update 2:
-Downloads doesn't respond

Upvote 0
sorry 4 dat buddy i realised that u r right playstore and gallery are not working well i think dat doesn't matter plz wait for my custom rom release I have fixed that..well wait for few days...i m working on it at my full potential...

@vasukinv
please tell me other bugs if u find any so that i can make my ROM better..

Upvote 0
I'd be happy to see your custom ROM release.

I removed Google Play Store (3.4.7, which came with the ROM you gave) using Titanium Backup and after some time, BAM! The latest version (3.10.10) of Play Store was automatically installed.
-App installation doesn't work on Play Store.
-Sometimes, when I try to turn of WiFi, it stays at "Turning off" status. Reboot is the only solution I found so far.
-Same thing occurs for Bluetooth, it stays at "Turning off" status. Reboot is the only solution I found so far.

Reactions: chaitanyaarige
Upvote 0
i have managed to resolved the issue of play store crash & Gallery blank problem of modified custom rom from vaibhaycoolm.

Download the modified rom from
"http://androidforums.com/a25-all-things-root/628017-how-root-micromax-a25-mastermind-7.html"
Page-07 thread-312

After flashing the custom rom, (From CWM)
download the unsecured boot.img from
"http://androidforums.com/a25-all-things-root/628017-how-root-micromax-a25-mastermind.html"

Download unsecured boot.img from SP Flash Tool.
1) load scatter file
2) Uncheck download all
3) download all
( Follow the same procedure as instructed by Mastermind)

Hope this will be of help!!

This method has worked for me & modified rom is working flawlessly for past 1 week
Cheers!!!!

Upvote 0
i have managed to resolved the issue of play store crash & Gallery blank problem of modified custom rom from vaibhaycoolm.

Download the modified rom from
"http://androidforums.com/a25-all-things-root/628017-how-root-micromax-a25-mastermind-7.html"
Page-07 thread-312

After flashing the custom rom, (From CWM)
download the unsecured boot.img from
"http://androidforums.com/a25-all-things-root/628017-how-root-micromax-a25-mastermind.html"

Download unsecured boot.img from SP Flash Tool.
1) load scatter file
2) Uncheck download all
3) download all
( Follow the same procedure as instructed by Mastermind)

Hope this will be of help!!

This method has worked for me & modified rom is working flawlessly for past 1 week
Cheers!!!!

Any idea about WiFi crash/frequent disconnection?

Upvote 0
Procedure to recover ur IMEI if its showing invalid imei after flashing or rooting
Go to this link
imei - Download - 4shared - Abhii kr
Download file
Extract it & run imei.exe file then run dos.cmd after that write imei in this format
imei.exe 123456789012345 123456789012345

Of course replace the first number with the first IMEI you see on the sticker and the second number with the second)
Press enter

Now it should generate a file nammed MP0B_001_NEW
Now copy this file to the phone

Then go to ES File Explorer, Find the MP0B_001_NEW file you just copied, long press on it, copy.

Now go to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI and press Paste. Once the MP0B_001_NEW is copied, long press on the MP0B_001 and delete it. Then long press on the MP0B_001_NEW and rename it to MP0B_001.

Now restart your phone and you should have your IMEI back.
*THIS METHOD IS FOR ROOTED PHONES ONLY
*U CAN USE ANY FILE EXPLORER BUT I RECOMMEND ES BECAUSE IT FAST,FREE & EASY

(CREDITS TO ABHII)
(YOU SHOULD THANK HIM FOR THIS POST IN POST #127)

Upvote 0
Guys, I'm Rassel from Bangladesh. I have bought Micromax A25 few days ago. Already have spent enough time to root/ install CWMR. I have read most of ur posts and tried every recovery.img + scatter.txt but still stuck at:
EBOOT ERROR: (16008)
Partitioned size changed.
Please help me by providing fresh instructions on this error.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones