• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D802 touch screen problem

and using the LGUP_8974.dll and LS980ZV8_13.51097.tot of LS980
Capture.JPG
i got this

Upvote 0
The thing that's interesting to me is that when you first started, you were using an unedited LS980 tot with the LS980 dll correct? That combination should either work, or it should throw a "wrong model" error if it thinks it's a D802. Instead, in the very first picture you posted in this thread, the model says it's an 8974. That is strange. Are you sure you were using the LS980 tot and standard LS980 dll back then?

Upvote 0
help help help.... my display get lost(nothing is visible) while trying LG Flash tool with BIN_LGD802AT-00-V10b-SEA-XX-SEP-04-2013-32G+0.tot and LGD802_20130912_LGFLASHv160.dll

You flashed the D802 tot eh? Did it flash entirely? That's not a great thing but I would assume it flashed since the device thinks its a D802. Hopefully you can long press power for 15 seconds to turn off entirely. Then try download mode. I doubt it will, but maybe you'll get fastboot mode if you're lucky. Otherwise you may have been forced into bulk 9006 or QDLoader 9008 potentially.

Or its actually running as a D802 but typically the screen touches will be very glitchy if it does boot into the OS.

Upvote 0
i flashed D80220c.kdz just now by using LG flash tools 2014,display is back...but some stripes are visible in screen. moreover with no touch,no network,no imei,no baseband again like before... i can use mouse with otg
download mode is working,but no bootloader or fastboot.
how to enable fastboot?
and is there any permanent solution to get my touch back???

Upvote 0
i flashed D80220c.kdz just now by using LG flash tools 2014,display is back...but some stripes are visible in screen. moreover with no touch,no network,no imei,no baseband again like before... i can use mouse with otg
download mode is working,but no bootloader or fastboot.
how to enable fastboot?
and is there any permanent solution to get my touch back???

So yeah that's the expected result of the D802 firmware on your LS980. Does download mode work now or no? If not, you'd have to root the device. Then you could use dd commands in an adb root shell to write the LS980 bootstack partitions to the phone, fixing download mode. Then you're basically back to where you were before.

Upvote 0
Download mode is working....what should i do now???

The only idea I have is to again try the LS980 tot which will almost certainly have to be hexedited to D802. And then try to find a 8974_dll that bypasses the cross dll error.

Feel free to post a pic of the hexeditor. I'm sure you're changing the right string but wouldn't hurt to get 2 sets of eyes on that.

Upvote 0
after fresh editing .tot and usin LGUp_8974.dll i got these:eek:View attachment 96769
hex editorView attachment 96769 View attachment 96770
See how the model says 8794 in your screenshot above? That is not correct. I wonder what's causing that?

In the hexeditor screenshot...is that the first instance of the model that you're changing? So if you search for 980 that's the first instance of 980 that is found? It doesn't look quite right, usually there's more info surrounding the model and its immediately followed by s/w version.

Upvote 0
Ok so I've been holding an idea back for awhile now thinking we could get there an easier way but I'm not seeing that happening. So here goes, this is going to be painful for you I'm afraid...

Reflash the old, early JB d802 firmware back to the phone via lg flash tools. Yep, that's going to screw up the touch screen again so you're going to have to use your usb mouse idea and painstakingly do the next steps. Root the phone. Install TWRP recovery. I think you'd want to actually install the early Sprint TWRP since that would match your motherboard. Next go to XDA and find a really old JB custom rom in the Sprint LG G2 section. You're looking for a custom rom that is just plain old rooted stock with no other changes or minimal other changes if possible. Flashing that should set the model number and s/w version to all Sprint which will then allow you to plug the phone into LG Flash Tools and use the regular LS980 tot and regular LS980 dll to fix without any errors.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
sorry,i don't get this one "install the early Sprint TWRP "??? what do u mean by it???

For older JB firmwares, if I remember right those need TWRP version 2.7.0 or earlier so I would use the 2.7.0 version:

https://dl.twrp.me/g2spr/

So if your D802 firmware is JB, I think you can use Towelroot for easy root or maybe even Stumproot. Should be pretty straightforward.

Upvote 0
The only idea I have is to again try the LS980 tot which will almost certainly have to be hexedited to D802. And then try to find a 8974_dll that bypasses the cross dll error.

Feel free to post a pic of the hexeditor. I'm sure you're changing the right string but wouldn't hurt to get 2 sets of eyes on that.

Ok so I've been holding an idea back for awhile now thinking we could get there an easier way but I'm not seeing that happening. So here goes, this is going to be painful for you I'm afraid...

Reflash the old, early JB d802 firmware back to the phone via lg flash tools. Yep, that's going to screw up the touch screen again so you're going to have to use your usb mouse idea and painstakingly do the next steps. Root the phone. Install TWRP recovery. I think you'd want to actually install the early Sprint TWRP since that would match your motherboard. Next go to XDA and find a really old JB custom rom in the Sprint LG G2 section. You're looking for a custom rom that is just plain old rooted stock with no other changes or minimal other changes if possible. Flashing that should set the model number and s/w version to all Sprint which will then allow you to plug the phone into LG Flash Tools and use the regular LS980 tot and regular LS980 dll to fix without any errors.

Good luck.
i have been able to flash with 8794 dll and hexedited .tot...94% then showed this
Capture.JPG

now my phone stuck at LG logo...PS: download mode is also at the icon of it...not opening

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks every one for reading my post.Here is what happened to me:
1. I bought a LG G2 D802 32GB from a indivisual buyer
2. Touch was glitchy after some day,so i tried to flash a stock rom D80220c.kdz
3. After flash my touch gone totally
4. After googling a lot i heard it might be refurbished,so i opened the motherboard and found it is LS980 (so it was actually refurbished)
5.Then i tried to flash it with a LS980.tot hex edited to D802 and LS8974.dll with LG flash tool 2014 in WIN 10 OS
6. It stuck at 94% and got USB port open fail
7. Now when i open the phone, it stucks at LG Logo
8. I can't access to any mode(download/fastboot/recovery/bootloader)
9. At adb, my pc don't recognize the phone while connected with USB, LG mobile support tool also not recognize it
What can i do???
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones