• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Darchdroid 2.8 final release

crap i've already reverted back to DDv2.7. if i get any reboots i'll just nandroid back to DDv2.8. do you have the CAMERA FIX that was associated with DDv2.7?

here's the camera fix xda-developers
push this to /system/app to get 5 MP

download and place the Camera.apk in your android sdk tools folder
open up command (run, then type in cmd, black box should show up)
cd C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
adb remount
adb push Camera.apk /system/app/Camera.apk

^^^^ look familiar? :D
also, do you have any lockscreen lag? like
when you wake up your phone, you have to wait a second or so until you can slide the unlock?

lockscreen lag is a known issue with this rom. i just use the trackball to avoid this, however.

Upvote 0
cool thanks for the camera fix. for the lockscreen lag issue, if it bothers you as much as it bothered me...just flash one of decadences STABLE uncapped kernels. when i tried CM6 rom, his kernels fixes the lockscreen lag problem so i tried it on DDv2.8 and DDv2.7 and it also fixes the lockscreen lag problem. i'm not sure what else it does but i know for sure it fixes the lockscreen lag problem so that you can wake your phone and unlock immediately. so far rom has been running smoother than a mofo...haven't ran into any problems flashing one of decadences kernels

Upvote 0
I just started using the DDv2.8 Rom with launcherpro and i love it. Only complaint I have is the phone app - it doesn't allow for quick dialing and locating contacts. In the stock phone app, you could start typing in someones names and it would search your contacts immediately. Is there a way to replace the DDv2.8 phone app with something similar?

Even if I click on contacts, I have to scroll down and locate by letter, instead of just typing the name. I find this to be a very slow process. Please help!!

Upvote 0
I just started using the DDv2.8 Rom with launcherpro and i love it. Only complaint I have is the phone app - it doesn't allow for quick dialing and locating contacts. In the stock phone app, you could start typing in someones names and it would search your contacts immediately. Is there a way to replace the DDv2.8 phone app with something similar?

Even if I click on contacts, I have to scroll down and locate by letter, instead of just typing the name. I find this to be a very slow process. Please help!!

Open your contacts and press the search button, that allows you to type the name of a contact and go straight to it

Reactions: texas83
Upvote 0
First off this whole voicemail thing is making me want to throw this damn thing against the wall... ...so I wiped data and cache/dalvik about four times each, flashed just the rom and not the googleshits zip (thinking that if I didn't flash it google voice would not be installed) I flashed the rom and booted up and low and behold all of the google apps are there again despite not flashing the gapps zip.

the problem is, that the apps are cached in 2 or 3 different folders, and the recovery does not wipe all of them, (don't know why, it should)
so, after you install a new rom, it restores the apps at boot from one of those folders, the way to get rid of them is to go into the phone shell, "adb shell",
and check this directories:
1./cache/dalvik-cache,
2./data/data,
3./system/app,
4./data/app,
5./data/dalvik-cache,
and delete everything inside those folders, "rm -f *.*",
you probably only need to wipe 1 and 2, but i do all of them couse it's fun,
then delete everything on your sdcard or format it,
then do the regular recovery wipes,

this is how you wipe it clean, of course you have to have root, and do "adb remount" to be able to write to file system.
for the voice mail, make sure you replace the *86 with your phone #
peace :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones