1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Data Cable Problems for my Optimus M

1. cynicalman

cynicalman New Member

Ok so here's my problem, I purchased a data cable online and its been working fine. I recently switched from using a wall charger to just using my data cable connected to my computer. Before today, every time i plugged it in it would ask me if i wanted to mount. Well, today i plugged it in and now it will only charge. WTH, can someone help me out. Ive tried turning on USB debug mode, didnt work. i tried different USB ports on my computer, didnt work... PLEASE HELP

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

On your PC did you select it to do nothing in auto play. You can check on your pc by going to start-control panel-auto play scroll down look for your phone make sure chose by default is selected.

Welcome to the forum:D
  3. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

did you set your connection mode (on device) to charge only under settings > connectivity > default connection mode> and did you uncheck the option to always ask?
    OutOfPhase likes this.
  4. cynicalman

cynicalman New Member

Dear lord i'm dumb! I turned off the phone as a mass storage device.... sorry