• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Data Plan Difference

EVERY article you have posted talks about tethering under the Mobile Broadband Connect plan. What you cant understand is that you can tether under the $30 unlimited smartphone plan and ALL data goes under the unlimited plan. You dont need the Mobile Broadband Connect plan as stated in all those articles. Its quite funny how you and others cant grasp this. We are not talking about brain surgery here.

FACTS:
1. You DONT need the additional $30 Mobile Broad Band Connect plan to tether your android smartphone.

2. You can tether under the $30 Unlimited smartphone plan and ALL data goes under this plan. Simply look at your bill.

3. Verizon does not care about tethering under the $30 unlimited smartphone plan nor do they monitor tethering under this plan (yes I wokekd at Verison NRB) and not ONE person ever has been charged for tethering as it would violate the contract. The most Verizon can do is cancel you contract which has also NEVER happened to anyone as Verizon does not want to lose customers over stupid tethering.

Now that the facts are in place before anyone posts again I have to provide the definition of a fact so you people can understand this as well. A fact is something TRUE. If the above facts are not true then it would be impossible to tether under the $30 unlimited plan without Mobile Broadband Connect AND everyone who tethers under the unlimited plan would have long ago had thier contracts canceled.

So you you see what REALITY is and what you are trying to "make believe how reality is" are two VERY different situation. The reality of things is as I have proven with indisputable FACTS.

OWNED.

Upvote 0
EVERY article you have posted talks about tethering under the Mobile Broadband Connect plan. What you cant understand is that you can tether under the $30 unlimited smartphone plan and ALL data goes under the unlimited plan. You dont need the Mobile Broadband Connect plan as stated in all those articles. Its quite funny how you and others cant grasp this. We are not talking about brain surgery here.

FACTS:
1. You DONT need the additional $30 Mobile Broad Band Connect plan to tether your android smartphone.

2. You can tether under the $30 Unlimited smartphone plan and ALL data goes under this plan. Simply look at your bill.

3. Verizon does not care about tethering under the $30 unlimited smartphone plan nor do they monitor tethering under this plan (yes I wokekd at Verison NRB) and not ONE person ever has been charged for tethering as it would violate the contract. The most Verizon can do is cancel you contract which has also NEVER happened to anyone as Verizon does not want to lose customers over stupid tethering.

Now that the facts are in place before anyone posts again I have to provide the definition of a fact so you people can understand this as well. A fact is something TRUE. If the above facts are not true then it would be impossible to tether under the $30 unlimited plan without Mobile Broadband Connect AND everyone who tethers under the unlimited plan would have long ago had thier contracts canceled.

So you you see what REALITY is and what you are trying to "make believe how reality is" are two VERY different situation. The reality of things is as I have proven with indisputable FACTS.

OWNED.

Seriously? Did you actually read my post? Tell you what, why don't go back and read the last paragraph in my post again? Now, go back and read it one more time. You obviously need the practice reading, because your comprehension skills are seriously lacking. I said it then and I will say it again, just for little old you. You can tether on a regular data plan. Plenty of people do it so of course it is possible. What I was trying to point out is that Verizon actually does want you to pay for it. While you are trying to argue with everyone under the sun that it can be done, you are missing the big picture. Nothing I posted said anything about the fact that you could not tether with out the broadband connect. I was just pointing out that you are supposed to have it (according to Verizon). Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

And Owned? Really? Are you really that childish?:rolleyes: Or are you still upset about the task killer thread and the fact that you looked like a complete fool. Its ok, it really isn't your fault that you couldn't post any proof to back up your ridiculous claims.

Upvote 0
And Owned? Really? Are you really that childish?:rolleyes: Or are you still upset about the task killer thread and the fact that you looked like a complete fool. Its ok, it really isn't your fault that you couldn't post any proof to back up your ridiculous claims.
What are you talking about??? I posted memory reallocation logs in that thread which is undeniable proof of the root cause of lag under 30mb free mem and which also proved you 100% wrong that you do need task killer apps. You can actually SEE the lag in those memory reallocation logs. If you cant understand what the logs mean its not my fault.

Upvote 0
What are you talking about??? I posted memory reallocation logs in that thread which is undeniable proof of the root cause of lag under 30mb free mem and which also proved you 100% wrong that you do need task killer apps. You can actually SEE the lag in those memory reallocation logs. If you cant understand what the logs mean its not my fault.

Which thread was that again? I don't remember you posting anything that showed any sort of proof on that subject. :rolleyes:

I would like to thank you for that post though. I can't believe you actually admitted to being a banned member on an open forum.

BTW, who is owned again?

Upvote 0

Which thread was that again? I don't remember you posting anything that showed any sort of proof on that subject.

ahhahhahaaaaa, gotcha Slenda!

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Upvote 0
Also to clear things up.. The main difference is that if your work has a private exchange server, VZW requires you to have the $45 plan instead of the $30. Works the same with Blackberry's. And as OTD said, you don't need the additional $30 to tether as you can just use your existing $30 Data plan that you are required to pay monthly.

Keep in mind though there is a glass ceiling to as how much you can take advantage of it. There's a 5GB cap and once you pass that, they will send you a courtesy letter through the mail basically saying to calm down with the data usage. If you do it again, they may charge you for the overages. And if it continues, they can give you the boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones