delete contacts on SIM cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Well-Known Member

I know there is an app called 'delete contacts' which can delete all contacts, but it seems this only works for the contacts in the phone memory, and not the sim card contacts.

How can I delete all contacts from the sim card?

2. dwh_72

dwh_72 Well-Known Member

I have searched lots and all i find is to do it 1 by 1 (short of using a hammer)
    contacts > menu > display options > check sim only uncheck all others (this will keep your contacts on your phone and any other accounts) > done

press & hold on contact > delete
    Whitecloud222 and gkrishn like this.
  3. -Ollie-

-Ollie- Well-Known Member

My understanding is that it is not possible with Android to delete all contacts on your SIM easily. I might be wrong.
    A workaround would be to put your SIM in another non-android phone, from which there is a "delete all" option for the SIM contacts.
  4. Grriffy

Grriffy New Member

Use Kies to do it.

Export your contacts from phone to PC as a backup, then when viewing the phone contacts through Kies, choose "Select another mobile phone" and choose your phone(SIM).

Use this menu to batch select and delete, then apply to your phone.
  5. hsaw

hsaw New Member

Go to contacts, then to display options. Then choose contacts to display, press sim. Go back to contacts, now you can see and erase contacts on your sim card. I am a bit late with this post and was looking for the answer myself. This is what I came up with
  6. aresthelord

aresthelord New Member

first choose which to display from screen settings. then display all from contacts.
    when listing all contacts and none of the contacts is selected click the delete button on the top left of menu. select all contacts ..
    confirm that you are sure