• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Deleted default quick remote apk, NEED HELP

WickedRedGrin

Lurker
Sep 12, 2015
Been looking everywhere, and I really don't feel like reflashing my phone.
I tried "updating" my LG Volts Quick Remote app, which ends up deleting it all together due to being incompatible with new versions, as well a G2/G3 versions of the app.

What I need is the apk of the vanilla LG Volt Quick Remote app. Please help.

I have the QuickRemote apk i took from my LG VOLT directly before i messed with it. I actually have all 150+ stock .apk files. Do you want me to send it to you or upload it somewhere so you can download it?
By any chance do you have the stock LG Backup apk? I have been turning over stones everywhere and I cannot seem to find it...Any help would b soooo appreciated.

Upvote 0
By any chance do you have the stock LG Backup apk? I have been turning over stones everywhere and I cannot seem to find it...Any help would b soooo appreciated.
Im sure i do. Let me browse my PC with the folder of .apk and .odex i think the one ones i dont have are the google apps like books, news, movies. Ect.... ill get right back to you.

Upvote 0
Here is the link to my Mega.nz account i made JUST for the LG VOLT. Here is a link to my "Stock Apps" folder and within it; as of right now; I only have the "/Device/System/app" folder and the "/Device/System/priv-app"

NOTE: Not EVERY stock app is uploaded. I forgot i did debloat a few minor things, so SOME stocks apps are missing. If i ever return to Stock again, I will get the rest and upload them. I dont want to take credit for other peoples work or I would upload a few other necessity's I use to Root and Recovery and other LG Volt things or .apks that are useful.

Let me know how it works for you or if anyone has anything to contribute I can upload for you and name you as credit.

Hope this helps some people!!

Upvote 0
Just an FYI:
It has been Updated with more of the stock apps....If you goto Stock Apps folder; The "path" to where the APK's are normally located is the Folder name.
Exampe:
If you goto "Stock Apps" and pick the folder: "Device~System~app Folder" those apps that are found in your phone in the dirctory located: "/Device>System>app"
Im not sure if you need to put them in there before installation, but I figured id do it this way just incase you did; so everyone had an idea where they had to go. Not sure if the .odex files are needed to go with the .apk or not either; but i included them anyway.

NOTE: These are taken from a Virgin Mobile phone just incase you run across a carrier specific app!

Enjoy!
thumbsup.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones