Did you get your $100 rebate from Sprint?

Last Updated: 2011-03-12 11:41:32
  1. bobr0949

bobr0949 Well-Known Member

Me to that is why I don't purchase from Sprint.
    Best Buy and Radio Shack do instant rebate.

Advertisement
  2. FLEMTP

FLEMTP Well-Known Member

got mine about a week ago. Sent my rebate out on June 10th
  3. dereileak

dereileak Well-Known Member

Mine is approved, they just have to mail it to me, the funny part is sprint is letting me go past my 30 days to get a replacement, then I will send in another rebate if that is possible :p mhmhhahahahahahhahahah, I have dust under my screen :(
  4. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

Best Buy instant rebate FTW! :D
  5. dereileak

dereileak Well-Known Member

I got the phone from them at first, but had a screen coming up and a burnt out led on the back, so I returned it, because sprint.com just got them instock. now I have to wait till they get more instock to get a new one :( oh well, its not that big of an issue really
  6. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

6-12 weeks is pretty much the standard for rebates on anything, not just cell phones.. even if ya buy a screw driver at a hardware store.

Or, just go to BB and TheShack and let them deal with it for ya.

Ya know, you can check rebate status on line, right? Probably the best/easiest/acurate option.
  7. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Yup! Got it! Now I'm going to spend it to help upgrade my other line to the Epic 4G! WOOOOT
  8. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

bought it July 17th, probably sent it in that week or the week after, it's at 58%, pending approval
  9. New Jersey

New Jersey Well-Known Member

i bought mine at 8am launch day and sent out the rebate stuff 2 hours later.
    just got my checks monday.
  10. Bruse Wayne

Bruse Wayne Active Member

instant here and I bought through Sprint Commercial :cool:

for some reason they only gave me $88 and it showed like that in my bill :confused:
  11. TheBarron

TheBarron Well-Known Member

Got my four
  12. brownhornet

brownhornet Well-Known Member

Eh... I bought mine outright so I didnt get one.:(
  13. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Yea I sent mines in a month ago and its still saying 58% on the rebate site....killing me
  14. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer Active Member

Which number do you use if you ported your number after a few weeks of the purchase?
  15. Novaguy85

Novaguy85 New Member

radioshack instant rebate ftw also
  16. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Glad I went to bestbuy.
  17. Cache22

Cache22 Well-Known Member

Double check this on your form, since there could be slightly different versions, but in my case there was a little note on the form saying that if you are porting a number, use the number being ported.

My experience so far:
    First Evo, new Sprint account: Initially I ordered my Evo online right on release date (just in time) and got it a few days later, I setup the port on that immediately so there was no temporary numbers and no confusion. (And I received that rebate about 2 weeks ago).

Second Evo added to Plan:
    On July 31st I finally was able to get my wife's Evo from a local store (along with a Hero for third line, although that one was a new number so no confusion). But I held off on porting my wife's old number to make sure she liked the phone, since she was a bit resistant to bother with anything beyond a basic phone before. (Don't worry, now she's hooked and couldn't go back :D) I held off on sending in that rebate though just in case, and this past Thursday I went ahead and ported her number from AT&T to Sprint. Once the process was finished, I filled out the rebate form using her ported/permanent number and mailed it in the next day.

If there is a delayed port and the rebate is sent in early, I am not sure what could potentially happen, I'm sure part is just a matter of timing, but before being ported the number in question has no ties to the Sprint account for verification. So for anyone waiting to port a number, I recommend not sending in the rebate until after it is done. And to state the obvious but easily forgotten: Keep the rebate form/receipts handy so you don't forget it is there, verify the deadline for mailing, set calendar reminders, etc ... to be certain that once things are ready it gets sent it promptly!
  18. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

got mine a few weeks back.
  19. geomens

geomens Well-Known Member

This is why I don't bother with rebates anymore. I have too much to think about daily to worry about deadlines and calendars for a rebate now. I hope Best Buy and The Shack continues to provide instant rebate.
  20. Cache22

Cache22 Well-Known Member

Yeah ... I do a lot of rebates so have a system in place with reminders and photographic documentation, so in the case of "fake" denials, I found several methods that have always worked to get my money within under 2 weeks. But if it wasn't for having an easy way to track I wouldn't bother. In many cases I have free-after-rebate products with cashback and other things stacked, so it has been worth it, but I'm also a bit OCD, so that is a case where paying attention to too many details comes in handy! :D (I'm new to Sprint for rebates although they seem to use Parago, which has improved some, but rebates from Amazon or Fry's or similar stores are also usually not an issue ... when those do have a problem, contacting Amazon/Fry's directly usually gets it resolved very quickly.)

Anyway, sorry for the rambling ... there are also some threads on fatwallet.com and other sites for tips on dealing with problems with rebates. Over the years I have used charge-backs (for store-branded rebates only), BBB/AG complaints, contacting the merchant, and contacting the rebate processor, and have always gotten my money. Persistence is the key, and knowing there are other options beyond just calling a number they provide if you get denied. (My best result was when the processor provided me false information and claimed to work directly for Kingston (they worked for the 3rd party processor) on a $50 rebate on memory. So I filed a BBB complaint with Kingston headquarters, and in 3 days they sent me a check for $100, double the rebate amount.)
  21. skipbrown

skipbrown Well-Known Member

bought my phone on launch day, sent in forms about a week later. Received rebate Thursday.
  22. kimmied2000

kimmied2000 Active Member

Is $100 the typical rebate? Has anyone gotten more than $100 on one phone?
  23. wrchad23

wrchad23 Well-Known Member

got my phone first day and still nothing. I'll give it 10 weeks then call the Sprint store. They told me they'd mail it in for me...I'm guessing they didn't....if Not I'll call Sprint directly.
  24. khoff

khoff Active Member

Mine got declined. It said something about the phone number provided was invalid. I sent them an e-mail questioning it and gave them my number. They replied back saying my number was incorrectly entered into the system and that they have updated my record with the correct number. After that I checked the status and it was back at 58% and no longer declined. A few days later I check again and what do you know, declined again for the same reason as previously stated. I guess I will be giving them a call tomorrow.
  25. aclark414

aclark414 Well-Known Member

Got my rebate in the mail this weekend. Took about 12 weeks total.