• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappointed in Sprints speeds in your area?

I just recently got a small taste of 4G here in the greater Pittsburgh area. Its not the fastest 4G I've seen, but its wayyyy better than I'm used to seeing.

uploadfromtaptalk1373746969280.jpg

Upvote 0
I've recently been burned(internet-wise) by my "upgrade" to a Gs4 from a gs2. I live in the st. Charles, mo market, and had 4g wimax most places I went to when I had my s2. I didn't even think to check into 4g coverage on my new phone. I thought there was a problem with the phone. turns out that there is no 4g LTE network at all here(st Charles or st Louis areas).

Upvote 0
Sprint has recently turned on 4g lte in ann Arbor and now some smaller towns in southern Michigan. I get 4g at home now. Just in time to as my contact ends next month. I'm getting 10 Mbs download here but there are a lot of sprint users. Just outside of town there is another tower just converted and I get 30+ Mbs on that one. Overall, 10 Mbs is more than pleasing and if this keeps up I'll stay with sprint. Went from using 300 Mb a month to 12gb per week. I will not survive on at&t or Verizon with 4g

Upvote 0
If I could afford the etf and new phones I would jump ship. The only time my Internet really works is the crack of dawn and on wifi. My calls drop all over town. I get a better signal in my office than I do standing outside my office. Have yet to figure that one out. I live between 3 towers and I am always told they are being worked on. I can't make a call from my house even with the stupid airwaves. Almost ready to go back to a land line. It is cheaper and just use my tablet on home on wifi. Oh and so you know I live in Houston. One of the first markets to get 4g.the longer you have ot the worse it gets. So enjoy it while you can.

Upvote 0
If I could afford the etf and new phones I would jump ship. The only time my Internet really works is the crack of dawn and on wifi. My calls drop all over town. I get a better signal in my office than I do standing outside my office. Have yet to figure that one out. I live between 3 towers and I am always told they are being worked on. I can't make a call from my house even with the stupid airwaves. Almost ready to go back to a land line. It is cheaper and just use my tablet on home on wifi. Oh and so you know I live in Houston. One of the first markets to get 4g.the longer you have ot the worse it gets. So enjoy it while you can.

hey... TMobile is currently doing a $0 down for all thier phones!!! even the new S4 and Note2.

their plan is cheaper than Sprint.

since you are halfway through the sprint contract.. EFT small enough, might be worth the jump. also.. you can sell your current phone to help pay for the EFT!!!

Reactions: riggsboxer
Upvote 0
hey... TMobile is currently doing a $0 down for all thier phones!!! even the new S4 and Note2.

their plan is cheaper than Sprint.

since you are halfway through the sprint contract.. EFT small enough, might be worth the jump. also.. you can sell your current phone to help pay for the EFT!!!

Not sure how it is cheaper. I would be paying more each month so I could pay off the phones. I still have way over a year on my contract. Kinda waiting to see how the moto X pans out and will go from there. I have been with sprint for 12 years not like that means anything any more. Guess I just know how it works with thwm
Lol

Upvote 0
I have been with Sprint for 12 years not like that means anything any more.

Be it Sprint, DirecTV cable, Netflix, Motor Trend magazine, (etc), It has never meant much of anything to anyone besides subscribers themselves. I've never really understood the notion of people wearing their 'long term subscriber-ship' like some badge or achievement. As far as I am concerned It is far too often added to posts and rants as if it is some sort of important detail/secret weapon.
:thinking:

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0
At work. Palo Alto, Cali... the F'n Bay Area.

Screenshots_2013-03-22-03-30-04_zps425fd808.png
Screenshot_2013-08-19-23-58-59_zps250ceff9.png

I was as loyal for as long as I could be but this is not the same tmobile like back when I was rockin the side kick. I am 100% satisfied with my service now. So long Sprint. I wish you all luck. Oh and no contracts any More is how it should be.

Attachments

• IMG_20130820_003343.jpg
    IMG_20130820_003343.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
The contract for my phone is up 9/1. I've been patiently waiting for 4g in Denver and I'm about done.

Almost 15 years, but enough is enough. $10 a month x 3 phones for nearly 2 years with nothing to show for it.

My only reservation is my unlimited family plan and I hate to abandon it. Also haven't researched what carrier to move to. Verizon has the best coverage, but a much higher monthly bill.

It's like Sprint has me by the balls.

Reactions: greenghost2212
Upvote 0
All you folks that have or will be leaving Sprint for T-Mobile. Good Luck, but you will be back.

(especially once Sprint/Softbank buys out T-Mobile). :p :D

TS out (before the crowd kills me).

Maybe. But right now I'm getting my money's worth withT-mobile. SPRINT was not giving me what I was paying for. That's the bottom line for me.

Upvote 0
Don't get me wrong, I like Sprint and have been an advocate for them for as long as I can remember, but if it doesn't work for everyone and I wouldn't expect for anyone to stay with them if they feel they are not getting the service (or moneys worth) they feel they should have, regardless of how many years they have been loyal to the company.
On that topic, yes i too am one of those that usually state I've been with them for over 10 years and it is not to brag but rather an expectation that one feels they should get for being loyal to a company. But as most have noticed, loyalty really means nothing and not just with cell phones company but mainly across the board in any industry. Anyway thats for another topic.

it's funny, but the other day, after enjoying LTE for quite some time now here in NYC (at least near work and home), I experienced complete total blackout, no signal or hard to keep a signal and I started going crazy, mad and figgity. (It's amazing how i can't be without daily dose of tweets, forums, mail etc).
Yet today its back to normal. yet even before this incident, I understand how you guys feel about having bad speeds, signal, etc. especially if its an ongoing daily problem unlike my one day affair.

So again, good luck with your new carrier and don't stop visiting. :D

TS

Upvote 0
So I've been considering switching to T-Mobile when the Note 3 comes out... I've been really irritated by the slowness of the phone recently. Just ran a speed test that told me

Pings 5169
Download 3kbps
Upload 28kbps

How bad is that? I'm on 3g right now. Usually eagle between that, 1x, or wifi when I can get it.

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0
Lately they are doing "upgrades" in Berkeley and I have had no service at work in Berkeley. I called using my office phone and I was told that all of the towers in this area are being "upgraded" and that there is a tower down. Apparently no one knew it was down until I called. UGH!!! So allegedly they will have it fixed within 24-48 hours from Tuesday night. Well, tonight will be 48 hours and I'm still waiting.

I don't wear my loyalty as a badge. I actually look at it as me being lazy and unmotivated. I have been with Sprint for at least 13 years.

If things really don't improve in the next 3 months as I have been promised, I will be checking on how I can get out of my contract(s) without paying an ETF and I will look into Verizon. They simply have the best coverage here with the best speeds. Yes they are a lot more expensive but at least I would be getting what I paid for.

I am willing to give it a few more months. Then just as 1,000,000 contract subscribers decided to do last quarter, I will be seeking a new provider and I will leave Sprint.

I see a serious problem for Sprint. They cannot afford to continue to lose 1,000,000 contract subscribers per quarter. I don't care if Softbank is taking over. There will be nothing left for them to run at that rate of customer loss. Softbank may have to liquidate and take their losses by the time they get hold of the reins.

Upvote 0
nyvusu6e.jpg

Pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning when I seen the "LTE" icon and even though it's still slow speeds, it's alot better than the 0.5mb on 3g I was getting.

Surprised too my town wasn't supposed to get lte.

I don't consider 5 megs slow. In fact, I highly doubt that anyone requires a faster downlink on their phone.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
+1

Honestly, unless your downloading a ROM or something on the go, the actual difference between 5mb down and 10 isn't going to be noticeable.

Heck, I'd be perfectly content with a constant 1mb/ down.

i totally agree..

the huge speeds are only marketing BS.. when it can only be achieved at few places. when most of thier clients see un-useable speeds.

2-3mbs .. constant and reliable...any time.. at all locations!!! would be more impressive

Upvote 0
+1

Honestly, unless your downloading a ROM or something on the go, the actual difference between 5mb down and 10 isn't going to be noticeable.

Heck, I'd be perfectly content with a constant 1mb/ down.

That actually is what i do, I don't have wifi and I'm flashing a different rom every other day.

Other than actually downloading, I was fine with my 0.5mbps.

Otherwise touchwiz rom with what I was working with = hours

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones