• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disappointed in Sprints speeds in your area?

9a7u6a9a.jpg

Patience is a virtue. Got this last night.Not live yet but we're getting close.

What app is that?

Upvote 0
Where are u located bro?

I had LTE signal since July 2012. It was one of Sprint 5 cities launch. I can get LTE at my house but not at my work and most other places. It was few and far between for the LTE signal. I did update the radio.

Look, HTC EVO 4G LTE is almost old and Sprint have not deloy to all the cities and they release LTE phone so quickly, but cant take advantage of the LTE speed. So intead of getting 4G, a nice good phone gets 3G speed.

Upvote 0
I had LTE signal since July 2012. It was one of Sprint 5 cities launch. I can get LTE at my house but not at my work and most other places. It was few and far between for the LTE signal. I did update the radio.

Look, HTC EVO 4G LTE is almost old and Sprint have not deloy to all the cities and they release LTE phone so quickly, but cant take advantage of the LTE speed. So intead of getting 4G, a nice good phone gets 3G speed.

You had to have known when you bought the LTE phone without a full LTE network you were going to be on 3G a lot.

Sprint publicly said the LTE rollout was going to take years.

Upvote 0
There was a lot of confusion at launch.

They committed to 2014 nationwide, if I'm not mistaken.

But several at s4gru suggested build-out completing as early as end of this year, with significant coverage by end of last.

I passed on a lot of that, and want to apologize for helping to set bad expectations.

It certainly seems like the big push slowed leading into the merger discussions, and the iPhone financing was more than creative.

Glad you're getting it Rxpert83! :)

They said that Albuquerque was building out a little early, but every visit there (just got back in fact) hasn't worked out for me yet. :eek:

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Glad you're getting it Rxpert83! :)

They said that Albuquerque was building out a little early, but every visit there (just got back in fact) hasn't worked out for me yet. :eek:

Its not on all the time, and when I pick it up the speed isn't anything to write home about. Barely faster than the 3g I posted above. In early stages of testing it out I'd assume.

Oh well, I've never lived in a 4g area before moving up here.. I don't know what I'm missing :)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
:)I was surprised to have a 4G signal when I went to use my phone in West Palm Beach about 10 days ago. A hour or so later, I was less than a mile away also in WPB and the only signal on the phone was 3G. :thinking: Hopefully, Sprint wil be rolling out 4g to Southeast Florida as advertised.

It was nice to be able to look up something fast on the phone while it lasted. (I live not far from WPB, and I need an Airave & WiFi in my home to have consistent service!)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

That's not normal at the least and I think its an evo problem because I get this almost everywhere in Chicago home,work,gym the mall ect and my Gnex Is the FIRST lte sprint device.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364881942972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364881942972.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
Sprint did not make it clear if you cant get LTE signal, you will only get 3G and not 4G speed. Sprint should just have wait until all the LTE are deployed with 100% coverage, then release LTE phone.

Just to give you all more info, T-mobile can do software update on any 4G phone ot get LTE signal overnight.

Why cant Sprint do this?

Is it CDMA technology is inferior to GSM?

Upvote 0
If sprint did this, there would be major outrage.

There never will be "100%" coverage, when their lte greatly expands that's protected to be as far as late 2014 probably even 2015.

Having lte for 2 years without releasing one lte devices makes absolutely no sense if you ask me.

Also tmo 4g/lte and sprints wimax/lte are completely different.

How it would be nice to use my lte device in my area which has wimax, frequencies just aren't compatible to do it.

Upvote 0
If sprint did this, there would be major outrage.

There never will be "100%" coverage, when their lte greatly expands that's protected to be as far as late 2014 probably even 2015.

Having lte for 2 years without releasing one lte devices makes absolutely no sense if you ask me.

Also tmo 4g/lte and sprints wimax/lte are completely different.

How it would be nice to use my lte device in my area which has wimax, frequencies just aren't compatible to do it.

I know it's more expensive, but I just always wondered why sprint didn't ask for phones from oems that support both technologies.

Upvote 0
You had to have known when you bought the LTE phone without a full LTE network you were going to be on 3G a lot.

Sprint publicly said the LTE rollout was going to take years.

hi.. i got no problem with you.. and you are a great help to me and around this forum (it is appreciated).. so no disrespect...

but that old excuse is wearing very thin... how long can that excuse be used before it is toilet paper thin and cant hold water?

sprint is NOT living up to ... REASONABLE expectations!
expectations are set by how OTHER carriers are doing and performance.
and i also live in one of the first LTE cities (Dallas/Ft Worth). but still struggle to get a good LTE connect. I even have reasonable 3G.. and even call signals get drops and roaming. This New Vision.. is it real? or is it toilet paper?

i feel like it is like president clinton's announcement "i did not have sexual relations with that woman". say it enough .. and if enough people repeat it.. maybe it will hold the public at bay.. long enough.

i just dont feel that sprint is doing enough to make things .. to at least be on par and reliable and usable.

Reactions: simcha
Upvote 0
hi.. i got no problem with you.. and you are a great help to me and around this forum (it is appreciated).. so no disrespect...

but that old excuse is wearing very thin... how long can that excuse be used before it is toilet paper thin and cant hold water?

sprint is NOT living up to ... REASONABLE expectations!
expectations are set by how OTHER carriers are doing and performance.
and i also live in one of the first LTE cities (Dallas/Ft Worth). but still struggle to get a good LTE connect. I even have reasonable 3G.. and even call signals get drops and roaming. This New Vision.. is it real? or is it toilet paper?

i feel like it is like president clinton's announcement "i did not have sexual relations with that woman". say it enough .. and if enough people repeat it.. maybe it will hold the public at bay.. long enough.

i just dont feel that sprint is doing enough to make things .. to at least be on par and reliable and usable.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here, Dan. Sprint is actually rolling out faster than any of the other carriers ever did. I've stated it numerous times across a few threads, but the reason people feel that other carriers have been rolling out "better and faster" is because of their blanket coverage deployment, which is the opposite of what Sprint is doing. I feel that Sprint is exceeding my expectations as far as the roll out of 4G LTE/upgraded 3G is concerned. Granted, my expectations were not very high to begin with.

Network Vision isn't complete in your area of TX, and won't be for some time. It's a brand new network - did you really not anticipate any hiccups?

ehe5e6a5.jpg

Upvote 0
I know it's more expensive, but I just always wondered why sprint didn't ask for phones from oems that support both technologies.

Nightmare on RF pathways and antennas, Sprint going away from WiMax, and a poison pill in the stock market after saying that they were fully committed to LTE. Take your pick. :)

Reactions: jhawkkw
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones