• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do not get the lg connect - overheats

Only time I will upgrade is when they come out with a phone that has the spec's of the esteem with the new dual professor and it comes out with ice cream Sandwich

Maybe it needs a REAL Ice Cream Sandwich ( 25 degrees fahrenheit ) to cool the phone.
1. Leave wrapper on Ice Cream Sandwich

2. Set Phone to Hottest setting- Sahara Desert- 137 degrees

3. Place phone battery side down on ice cream sandwich for 9 minutes or until cool to the touch.

4. Remove Wrapper and Eat Ice Cream Sandwich.

To the OP- thanks for the warning-I have not purchased a Connect yet- but my advice to you is get a warranty replacement- if they see the heat warning onscreen - they will replace.

Could be defective battery, lots of things - danger is battery could explode.

Warm is one thing but beyond rated specs HOT is another- Replace.

Upvote 0
Amazon.com: Ecell - 1900MAH BL-44JN HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY LG OPTIMUS BLACK: Electronics

Thats the one i got, it says lg optimus m but its the same battery

The same battery you can get it on ebay for $6 or $7 and ship faster. I was going to order it with amazon but it would take 25-30 days so instead I ordered for $15 (2 batteries and external charger) and is going to take 15 days.
Is the same battery look the photos and the brand is feipusi.

1900mAh BL-44JN High Power Capacity Battery For LG Cell phone Optimus Black P970 | eBay

If you only want 1 battery is less than $7 and also free shipping:

1900mAh BL-44JN High Power Capacity Battery For LG Cell phone Optimus Black P970 | eBay

If the items are no longer available visit the seller store: tonsee_store
Apple Accessories, Batteries Chargers items in tonseecom store on eBay!

And look for BL-44JN is the reference of the battery that is compatible with some LG phones including the connect

Upvote 0
HTC One V will only be 3G so it will not be the same thing as the Attain just to clear things up. This really upset me because I would definitely get this as it is an HTC device but the 3G only KILLS it.

Yeah- I'm thinking of upgrading to a Connect or some better Metro Phone and another problem is the One V supposedly has a FIXED BATTERY- meaning it's not removable (? ) (!) .

This sounds really wacky because you can't upgrade, as battery goes downhill in performance, you can't replace it, harder to reboot since you can't disconnect battery-

Just sounds wacky to have the Battery permanently attached.

-Almost as if on every Phone- they have a secret design Team that has to do a few illogical things- like design the Connect to be hot enough to Roast Marshmallows- unless you get a "Good " one or hopefully- just a better battery.

Glad I got on this Forum- so if I get a Connect -I'll just upgrade the Battery and check for problems in the beginning- like the "charging" issue etc.

Upvote 0
Don't get a smart phone if you don't know how to use them.... you are probably dumb enough not to force stop running apps.... i mean what do you expect if you have your phone running applications you don't even use n, have the 4g simbol always connected n then they complain 'oh my battery' D: psh go get a simple phone then.... my connect "never overheats n last almost all day kus i kill apps n turn internet of when not using it.... don't expect going to sprint or att n get a galaxy cuz the same shit will happen if you don't know how to keep your phone running smoothly.. if you have a pc with like 10 ot 15 tabs open don't expect it to not lag n get hot... try doing that to a poor laptop... good luck.. n.educate your self a bit more

Reactions: KrazeeCracker
Upvote 0
Don't get a smart phone if you don't know how to use them.... you are probably dumb enough not to force stop running apps.... i mean what do you expect if you have your phone running applications you don't even use n, have the 4g simbol always connected n then they complain 'oh my battery' D: psh go get a simple phone then.... my connect "never overheats n last almost all day kus i kill apps n turn internet of when not using it.... don't expect going to sprint or att n get a galaxy cuz the same shit will happen if you don't know how to keep your phone running smoothly.. if you have a pc with like 10 ot 15 tabs open don't expect it to not lag n get hot... try doing that to a poor laptop... good luck.. n.educate your self a bit more

Welcome to the forum!

True indeed...
That bit of info was extremely helpful... especially to those who blame their phone, when in fact, it's actually their use of said phone that is the true underlying problem.
Please allow me to return the favor and help you in areas you seem to need assistance in as well;

Tact | Define Tact at Dictionary.com

Upvote 0
To funny for one you shouldn't have to force close an application it should close it self and having 4G on all the time it's suppose to be on what's the use in having an 4G phone if you turn it off......

Force closing is unnecessary but if you're on stock battery and leaving 4G on you're raping your battery.

Turn it off and only turn it on when you need it.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum!

True indeed...
That bit of info was extremely helpful... especially to those who blame their phone, when in fact, it's actually their use of said phone that is the true underlying problem.
Please allow me to return the favor and help you in areas you seem to need assistance in as well;

Tact | Define Tact at Dictionary.com

Lol, I meed some of that "tact" stuff, where can I get it?

Upvote 0
Just read that the temp is normal as.long as it don't go over 140f or60c so all is well with connect

Really? Who can hold something that hot though? Sure, maybe it won't spontaneously combust. Even after the LG update tool, I just can't hold this thing for long at 114 degrees. Did the updater help all of you or did the new batteries? Or did ya'll get replacements?

Upvote 0

What a bunch of bull! You don't need to force running apps to stop; they should stop on their own once you are done with them. I neither force any apps to stop nor switch off my 4G, and my phone works great.
Don't use pathetic excuses for poor design or defective units. You are the one who needs to educate himself. Also, go ahead and educate yourself on the proper use of English.

Reactions: Notadmiring
Upvote 0
I'm @ 55°c ATM, just got a hot battery warning...

I haven't had too much overheat but it does happen.
My friend got a new connect (zva) and he hasn't registered over 45°c with normal use (short gaming periods and hour long YouTube videos)
This makes me think there was a battery and/or hardware issue with some connects.

The update to zva really did help me though. My phone powered down the first day due to heat and only overheats on broken out rom (zva) if I'm charging and tethering while surfing the forums

Upvote 0
You got a defective unit, I think. My mom doesn't complain about her Connect overheating, but she doesn't do anything hardcore on it.

They all seem to run warm (maybe because I'm in Miami, Idk) but not burn unit scalding.....

I have dealt with 8 connects, all sit at 40°C when idle and warm up to about 42° with basic use (calls, web browsing) however a couple have jumped to 55° in a matter of minutes when running 4g streams. My money is on defective antennas.

Upvote 0
the fone is not a burn hazard. if the battery gets over 131f it shuts off. at that point, the outside of the fone is like 110, barely over warm. i bought mine used and i think the owner never conditioned the battery when it was new. the first day it got very hot and shut itself off 2x. it was actually draining while plugged into the charger in my work truck. i put a towel over the battery with the cover off and a ziplock bag with few ice cubes over it. the battery charged up in about 2 hours, never got hot again that day or since. i have an app called phone overheat alert and it has not gone past 104f, thats with a 2 layer case. i use "go power master" and with my setup i get 26 hours on the 1500 battery. i also rooted it and use set cpu and lowered the processors from 1188mhz to 810mhz and the fone still runs smooth as butter. these fones can do amazing things, just do a bit of research and learn a bit more before claiming faulty fones please. you can also install an widget called "2g-3g onoff", in cdma only mode it will switch to metros 3g mode. i have speed tested 1500 down and 800 up load speeds here in florida, in case that helps to keep the fone cooler while streaming radio.

Upvote 0
Really? Claims? Hm... I didn't realize my friend Mr. Blaze had a previous relationship with my Connect. Ok if we attempt to be civil? I know what 110 degrees feels like against skin. My Cooltool app clearly displays temperatures far exceeding your stated facts. Please, no need to get snippy here. Most of us are here to help one another. This is a wonderful resource. I'm happy to hear you have such a wonderful Connect. Mine did improve after this forum told me about the update available. However, it by no means cured my phone. Yes, this phone can do a lot. I'd prefer not having to do it over a bag of ice cubes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones