• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do not get the lg connect - overheats

I do not know if this is relevant at all, but I just got the connect and in addition to it in my area going from 2-3 bars on 4g to in few minutes (or less) to going to 1x or no connection, today at least 3x, (once while watching a youtube, once while playing a rhapsody song, and once while downloading an app) the phone beeped and then rebooted.

How do I see what the temperature on my phone battery is ?

I took the phone to the store and she tested it and there had 4-5 bars of 4G and it stayed there without changing but I did not stay long enough to see if the phone would reboot or...

Upvote 0
i let my phone completely discharge then i let it charge up to full. Did this about 4 or 5 times and stock battery no longer over heats, also i bought a better battery from amazon and that lasts way longer and never had overheating problem, so i'm pretty positive that the overheating problem is a battery issue and doesn't have to do with the phone itself

Upvote 0
I've beeeeeen saying that the LG Optimus M was the best phone they have released so far. Everything after that has crashed and burned!!! The esteem was such a piece of $h!t with all the battery drain/software bugs.and now they release a phone that can potentially explode and burn your house down. I'm over at the EVO section since its my primary phone and a guy from there had a whole story about his phone actually catching fire and burning his carpet and desk in his home. This is a VERY serious risk. Imagine if you were making a phone call and the thing bursted into flames...you would look like the crypt keeper. And the stuff that's in batterys is like acid.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Upvote 0
Amazon.com: Ecell - 1900MAH BL-44JN HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY LG OPTIMUS BLACK: Electronics

Thats the one i got, it says lg optimus m but its the same battery

Cesarweezer..how would we first time cell..LG Connect users charge that battery if we were to get it? If it is charged in the phone, how many hours does it take?

On another point.. if we were to get a 3000 battery, is there a work around way of covering the back OR what would be the problem if it is left open and the phone is in a silicone case ?

Upvote 0
If it wasn't enough that we had to *fix* the lg esteem when we got it just to get it working right, now I got the connect and it overheats during normal use like playing games for 15 mins. :mad: or some people say charging. I'm not letting them screw us again, i'm about to try to negotiate with them to see what I can do to get this fixed, recalled, redesigned etc... If that breaks down I will see what other avenues I can take. I'm really tired of getting screwed out of $$$ because of their mistakes.

Please sticky this if you can so other people don't accidentally have to go through what i'm about to.

In the top left you can see the temp: 136F/57.8C, The warning pops up around 135F (It's hard to get a screenshot cause it's a popup message box). Temperature keeps rising too, but I didn't want to damage it or have a battery explode on me so I killed all the tasks and put it in front of my AC to cool off.

UPDATE: It says right on the battery not to exceed 40C/104F
temp.jpg

Kanaida,

Although I have not figured out how to get a screen print by hitting home and power at the same time (it may be making one I just do not know where it is stored), I was playing a game one of the folk here recommended and in a rather short time it was over 45 degrees and within 40 minutes it was 51. Where does it say the battery should not be over 40 ?

I did take photos with my regular camera but do not know how to get them to you here..

Upvote 0
maybe i need to try playing some games cuz i havent had my phone get so hot that it burned and i've had this phone since it came out. it does get warm when i have the 4g on and im streaming stuff but not so hot that i get a warning.

im rooted and i used rom toolbox to turn the max MHz down to 756 and that seemed to help it a lot. usually i'll have my phone propped up against my covers and it will get hot then(still not absurdly hot).

i still say the battery that came with the connect isnt powerful enough for this or any 4g phone and is being overworked.

My phone is not rooted and I play games on it and I never had my phone get hot either. It gets warm but never hot enough that I can't hold it in my hand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones