• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Donut broke the e-mail client

soupnazi

Lurker
Nov 3, 2009
I recently received the Donut update on my G1. It's a great update, except it broke the default e-mail app.

It is still able to receive and open e-mails from my IMAP accounts, it shows a notification when I've gotten a new e-mail and when I press it, it shows me the e-mail and I can browse IMAP folders. But when I go to the accounts listing, the e-mail application breaks and pops up a force close dialog. I created the accounts on my Android when it was still version 1.1. My guess is that Donut has trouble reading one of my accounts (I have 5) and simply dies. The only possible solution I can think of is resetting the phone to factory defaults, but I do not want to lose all my settings, apps and app data.

My question is; is there a way to wipe the e-mail settings while leaving the rest of the phone settings alone?

Is this a common issue? Doing a Google Search yields no relevant results.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones