• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Download] Modified Beats Audio Flash zip for R720.

Spz0

Android Expert
May 17, 2012
OR
EQ Settings Mod
I have been working on modifying Beats Audio for the R720, and so far I have yet to crash any DSP manager I've installed (although dsp mgr will not work with this mod installed).
People are welcome to try it, but be forwarned, there is no revert method yet!! So if you decide you dont like it, then you'll have to reflash your ROM, or restore from a backup.

Download OA-EQ-Boost-[Beats MOD-R720]-Spz0.zip

/system mounts automatically when you run the script. Its a small package, so it doesnt take long to install.
The sheer increase in the sound volume alone should tell you that its installed (huge improvement on speaker sound, and earbud sound is about 40% louder).
Another way to tell, is to try adjusting levels on your dsp manager (on OA2.3 just open DSP Manager). If the adjustments dont work, then its installed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones