1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Droid 4 release date?General

1. JCDenton771

JCDenton771 Active Member

Hey guys first thread! Any ideas when this phone is going to come out? I want this phone really badly and have a feeling it will come out by christmas. Chat away guys!

Advertisement
    :
  2. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

I really want it to be released asap, and am hoping for the best, but I don't think it has even passed the FCC yet, has it?
  3. GalaxyNexus

GalaxyNexus Well-Known Member

I can't find much about this phone.

Will it come with ICS?

What are the specs?
  4. mystik1

mystik1 Well-Known Member

From what I have read, it does not sound like it will come with ICS, but will definitely be upgradeable. It will have a 4" display, 1.2-1.5ghz duel core processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, SD card slot, and 4G.
  5. JCDenton771

It has been in the Verizon system since November 6th so they should be testing it already most likely going to be released before Christmas time. I would love to have this phone right now I really need a new one and love my keyboards.
  6. GalaxyNexus

You should check out the Razr or galaxy nexus, they are great phones.:cool:
  7. DROIDing

DROIDing Well-Known Member

Subscribing to thread... I will be buying this phone, PERIOD! :)
  8. JCDenton771

The RAZR, Rezound, and Nexus are my backups if this phone doesn't come out quickly or if it is horrible. I am not a big fan of Samsung phones though and the newest version of android isn't as big of a concern to me as looks and specs. Also I do not enjoy the large price tags with these phones. $300 seriously? Any of you guys think the Droid 4 will be less or probably about $300 as well?
  9. DROIDing

That's the upgrade price? Yikes. Ouch.
  10. JCDenton771

Well I'm not sure what the upgrade prices are. I know they changed everything. Is the upgrade price usually less than the price they advertise for new customers? I really have no idea how it works now-a-days.
  11. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so glad someone started this forum! I just got a RAZR (upgraded from my trusty ole OG) and I do love it...but I do miss a slider! I've been following the Maserati/D4 threads over at HoFo, will definitely be subscribing to this one too! The other phone that I'm keeping my eyes on is the Moto Dinara, that is supposed to be geared towards camera-philes.

Edit: disappointed that the D4 may only have a 4" screen though
    scottwright likes this.
  12. DROIDing

I'm actually ok with 4 inches, having the Droid and then Droid2, it will still be a slight upgrade.

What threads are good over on HoFo?

PS: Is the Dinara a slider QWERTY?
  13. dr01d3tte

dr01d3tte Well-Known Member

The Dinara is the 13 Mpx camera version. The D4/Maserati is the QWERTY slider. You can just search the HoFo site for "Maserati" and pull up the threads.
  14. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

15. DROIDing

16. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Yeahha likes this.
  17. GalaxyNexus

Check out Amazon Wireless. You can get new phones for as low as $.01. ;)
  18. dj262501

dj262501 Active Member

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/25/droid-4-training-begins-at-indirect-verizon-shops/
    DROIDing likes this.
  19. Ytram

Ytram Well-Known Member

For you Droid 4 fans, Kellex tweeted the following pictures of the Droid 4 specs:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like the battery is removable, and it has an LCD screen instead of SAMOLED.

Not interested in this phone; I'm a huge QWERTY slider fan, but I've found I cannot live without an unlockable bootloader. Enjoy though!
    AMTrombley0924 and DROIDing like this.
  20. DROIDing

SO AWESOME! I'm pumped.

The batter thing never concerned me, but it is nice that now it can be swapped out or upgraded. 1080p video is cool too! :) Thanks. The Dual Core processor with a full 1gb of DDR2 RAM will be lightening fast

-Did the Droid1 or 2 have wifi n compatibility?
    -There is an FM radio included? That would be cool to have a built in tuner.
  21. jt44

jt44 Active Member

At 2.7 inches in width, the Droid RAZR is almost too wide, I can't even imagine what 2.8 inches in width feels like in the hand. This is especially confusing since this phone only has a 4" screen.
  22. Sorbert

Sorbert Well-Known Member

this looks nice now this or the razr going to hard to choose when time comes next month.
  23. DROIDing

I'm 10 days away from my new Droid4 if the rumors are true, and they look accurate! :)
  24. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Seeing the pattern with these LTE phones though, I'm NOT looking forward to paying $300 for it. Better be worth it, lol
  25. JCDenton771

Amen to that one $300 is a little much