• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*DROID DNA reaction, discussion, and first impression thread*

Ive got about 9 gig left and I honestly dont know what else to put on here, might throw some music on there, but its not gonna be anything more than a gig or two at most. I have no idea what else I would want on here that would ever cause an issue for me to have low space.

One reason would be from nand backups as they're memory hogs for rooters.

Upvote 0
Ive got about 9 gig left and I honestly dont know what else to put on here, might throw some music on there, but its not gonna be anything more than a gig or two at most. I have no idea what else I would want on here that would ever cause an issue for me to have low space.

I'm finding some of the 3D games can take over 1Gb of space. I guess as games gain better textures it can go higher.

Upvote 0
I'm finding some of the 3D games can take over 1Gb of space. I guess as games gain better textures it can go higher.

well the catch for me is, i have a nexus 7 to play games on, my phone isnt used for games other than simple word games etc... i save all the real games for bigger screen and the ability to plug in my ps3 controller. :)

Upvote 0
One thing I noticed about the DNA is that its more of a two handed phone whereas my DINC1 and a iPhone can easily be used one handed.

I cradle the DNA in my left hand and manipulate its screen and buttons with my right. So in the end it seems the button placement is ergonomically correct by HTC.

I've got big hands so it's a one handed phone for me.

BC

Upvote 0
Just got mine yesterday and I'm blown away by the screen. I just keep staring at it. The image looks like it's just sitting right on top of the glass, almost floating, and the image is just beautiful. Using something like the HTC live weather wallpaper and the thing almost looks alive. I hadn't anticipated such a difference in just how normal screen viewing it would be.

Upvote 0
Just got mine yesterday and I'm blown away by the screen. I just keep staring at it. The image looks like it's just sitting right on top of the glass, almost floating, and the image is just beautiful. Using something like the HTC live weather wallpaper and the thing almost looks alive. I hadn't anticipated such a difference in just how normal screen viewing it would be.

After 2 weeks I'm still blown away by it.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
After 2 weeks I'm still blown away by it.

Ditto....... still am memorized by the screen...... know the human eye can't see past a certain pixelization point......... but when one looks like at this screen they know what their eyes tell them........ no better screen anywhere...... makes my 720p Rezound screen look like scratch paper!!!!

Upvote 0
I find very little to complain about. Having 4G at my desk solves the 16GB issue, I just play directly from the cloud, instead of downloading to my device like I did before. Battery life is great, screen is of course awesome, and the look and feel of this phone is perfect IMO. Size is slightly pushing it with one handed use, but not so bad as to cause an issue for me. Wireless charging works great too, very nice not having to fumble for the cord by my bed at night. Wifi is also a much better signal than my GNex, I have been noticing neighbor's wifi that I never saw on my GNex.

Upvote 0
Very true! But how do you like it as a phone in its entirety? Not just because of the screen, which is gorgeous, but with everything else entirely?

Processor powerful, storage fine ( for me as I am cloud based), phone call quality very good, LTE 4 G blazingly fast, battery life good, form factor and build quality wonderful HTC usual, size is fine ( might be big for a person with tiny hands), the wireless charging is convenient and the notification light on the rear of the phone is a very nice touch - I am partial to HTC products, and hated the TB but loved the Rezound...... this phone holds its own and then some against any competition

Upvote 0
Okay, this is when I show my lack of techie..... What do you mean play from the cloud? wouldn't that consume data?

Basically it's a hard drive on the Internet. Instead of playing the content from local storage, you play it from the storage on the Internet, over your data connection (aka streaming). It allows you to not take up space for it on your phone, but in return requires a good data connection, and it uses a lot of data.

Upvote 0
Processor powerful, storage fine ( for me as I am cloud based), phone call quality very good, LTE 4 G blazingly fast, battery life good, form factor and build quality wonderful HTC usual, size is fine ( might be big for a person with tiny hands), the wireless charging is convenient and the notification light on the rear of the phone is a very nice touch

Yes, it really is amazing. Coming from a 4" Incredible 2 I was concerned at first that DNA might be too big, but after a few days it seems fine. The form factor is actually not much larger because the screen is edge to edge and mostly longer not wider - fits in the pocket no problem.

Reactions: PatyCake
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones