• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris Loosing Over 10% an hour with NO USE

So yesterday with minimal use My phone was at 56 percent at the end of the day.. A big improvement over DEAD... But i still Want a new phone.. Will the update to 2.1 fix this issue anyway, cause i will have to pay shipping and back shipping so id rather not if it will get fixed soon.

2.1 should fix it a little bit but not to drastic from what I've heard. NKT might be able to address this a bit more then I. Also just buy the Innocell 1750 battery and then you should be fine.

Upvote 0
I had basically the same problem with my phone. The battery would last about 6 hours. I thought this was the horrible battery issue everyone was talking about. I ended up getting a new phone with a new battery and it was significantly better. I'm now getting about 2 days out of the phone with about 15% awake time. I don't know if it was the phone or the battery that was the problem. My wife has an Eris as well and her battery life is about the same as mine.

Upvote 0
I've tried this with my coworkers battery and it drains just as fast... So if your saying buy a battery to solve it won't... However if your saying buy an extended battery so I get through the day then I might just have to..

What media are you running? If you are using mobile network in a concrete building or in a poor area, its more then likely the switch between 3g and 1x is doing you in.

I recommend you download an app, "Spare Parts," the app allows you to see what is taking the most cpu, keeping the phone awake, etc.

It assisted me in diagnosing my battery issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones