• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO 4G Issues

mig1980

May 12, 2010
Good day everyone. I have had my EVO for about a month now. It is definitely the best phone I have ever owned. I have two issues that I can think of and maybe you guys can help.

1) When I am on a call and place the call on speakerphone. If screen goes black (which it does) after a little bit and I want to hang up the call I have to press the power button to get the screen back on because pressing anything on the touch screen does not work. This is a dislike more than an issue. Is this normal?

2) When I am on a call and another call rings in I can place the first cal on hold and answer the 2nd. But the problem lies in if I want to hang up the first call it hangs up both. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Good day everyone. I have had my EVO for about a month now. It is definitely the best phone I have ever owned. I have two issues that I can think of and maybe you guys can help.

1) When I am on a call and place the call on speakerphone. If screen goes black (which it does) after a little bit and I want to hang up the call I have to press the power button to get the screen back on because pressing anything on the touch screen does not work. This is a dislike more than an issue. Is this normal?

2) When I am on a call and another call rings in I can place the first cal on hold and answer the 2nd. But the problem lies in if I want to hang up the first call it hangs up both. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

the first issue has been mentioned before and i have not found a solution. the screen timeout is overiding the acclerometer turn off.... there is no work around other than setting your screen time out to none ...which could be troublesome if you forget to manually turn it off. the issue has not always been present so the hope is that htc will fix it in the next update.

don't hang up the first call, let them disconnect. there should then be a screen that has the other call listed with answer/decline (i think....I am not much of a caller so I have only run into the issue a few times) every phone I have owned has had some tricky way of accomplishing this lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones