• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO as an Alarm Clock

I'm considering switching from a Blackberry to the Evo and have a question on alarms. I need to have multiple alarms with different ringtones that go off throughout the day. Will any of the alarm apps or the native alarm be able to do this?

Thanks!

Yes, native will and if you download the app zedge you can download tons of free ringtones and the alarm app will browse that folder you download them in.

Upvote 0
I use my current phone as an alarm clock, but hate getting woken up by texts or drunk calls from friends at 3:00 in the morning. Does anyone know if the Evo would support turning off the ringer and still leaving the volume on for the alarm? It seems like a level of customization that we should be able to expect, but my current (three-year-old) phone doesn't allow for that.

Just put the phone in airplane mode.

Upvote 0
Is there an app that let's only certain calls get through when it's on silent mode? I use the alarm but I turn it to silent mode to silence everything except the alarm.

I'd like to know this as well. My GF can't let go of her BB cause she has this option where she can completely silent the phone when she sleeps but it will vibrate when I call or it will vibrate when the alarm goes off.

Upvote 0
I'd like to know this as well. My GF can't let go of her BB cause she has this option where she can completely silent the phone when she sleeps but it will vibrate when I call or it will vibrate when the alarm goes off.

Setting Profiles should do that, although I haven't actually tried it.

Create a group of contacts that you want to ring through, then in SP create a new Rule where the Condition is an incoming call (select the group you just created) and the Action is to select one of your Profiles that don't put the phone in silent mode. It should be that easy, theoretically, anyway.

I thought about this a few months ago, since I work at night and sleep during the day. But I don't trust any of the idiots I work with to not wake me up with bullshit, so I just leave it on silent for everyone. I should probably do something like that with my parents' number, though...

SP is a great little app, either way.

Reactions: aznmode
Upvote 0
Setting Profiles should do that, although I haven't actually tried it.

Create a group of contacts that you want to ring through, then in SP create a new Rule where the Condition is an incoming call (select the group you just created) and the Action is to select one of your Profiles that don't put the phone in silent mode. It should be that easy, theoretically, anyway.

I thought about this a few months ago, since I work at night and sleep during the day. But I don't trust any of the idiots I work with to not wake me up with bullshit, so I just leave it on silent for everyone. I should probably do something like that with my parents' number, though...

SP is a great little app, either way.

Thank you. Gonna try it out on my phone right now.

EDIT: I think it will work but I don't know if my GF can do this by herself lol. There are a few steps and she will need to buy the full version. The lite version only allows 1 rule and I can't get it to work with just 1 rule.

Upvote 0
I use my current phone as an alarm clock, but hate getting woken up by texts or drunk calls from friends at 3:00 in the morning. Does anyone know if the Evo would support turning off the ringer and still leaving the volume on for the alarm? It seems like a level of customization that we should be able to expect, but my current (three-year-old) phone doesn't allow for that.

I use the app Timerific to set sound profiles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones