• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Final Fresh Hero beta out, next will be final release

If you could point me to some instructions that would be greatly appreciated.

i'm going to cut and paste, but if you need personal help PM me and i'll give you my email address

REMOVING APPS

How to remove Stocks, Nascar and other useless apps... - xda-developers

A MORE PERSONAL TOUCH

adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/app

those are where your apk's are...

rm - removes...

so..

rm filename.apk

get out of adb shell (exit)

from tools folder... adb push filename.apk /system/app

pushes new files to the phone in the system/app dir

HAPPY TRAILS!

Upvote 0
i'm going to cut and paste, but if you need personal help PM me and i'll give you my email address

REMOVING APPS

How to remove Stocks, Nascar and other useless apps... - xda-developers

A MORE PERSONAL TOUCH

adb remount

adb shell

cd /system/app

those are where your apk's are...

rm - removes...

so..

rm filename.apk

get out of adb shell (exit)

from tools folder... adb push filename.apk /system/app

pushes new files to the phone in the system/app dir

HAPPY TRAILS!

Can't I just use my ES File Explorer to delete the .apk files? I am using Fresh 2.1.2.

Upvote 0
hey ya'll...i decided to try a overclocked kernal on this rom. and i have to say, its not only faster, but the battery life has increased by 20% at the end of the day. i've ran into quite a few force closes running it, but nothing that interferes with normal usage.

i will add, i changed my number yesterday and the sprint dude had me 'update profile.' well, i kept getting a force close and it wouldn't update. i tried going back to fresh 2.1.2, but it did the same thing. eventually i flashed my original sprint 1.5 stock rom and updated...it was only then that it worked. but yah, there are some force closes with the kernal i'm using but the benefits are over the top vs. the losses. unless of course you need to update your profile.

food for thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones