• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flash not working in manually updated 2.2?

rival22

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone else having this issue?

No matter what web page I've tried, I get some form of an error message that I don't have a high enough version of adobe flash to play the video.

I've tried updating flash (v10.1.92.8) and didn't have any better luck so I reverted to the version on the phone. Any advice?

So you have successfully installed the latest version Flash v10.1.92.8? And with that version, sites failed to view properly?

I had a problem where 2.2 did NOT update my Adobe Flash....all Flash wouldn't view properly. I had to manually update to v10.1.92.8 using an APK I found on XDA forums. Afterwords, everything worked great.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0
Ok... thinking about it this morning got me going in the right direction.

I re-installed the update, but it still didn't work. But it seemed more like a browser plugin issue than anything else, so I started looking at the stock browser settings.

For some reason plugins were disabled, and once I changed that setting, everything worked (although some flash videos were choppy, but that's probably just a network thing).

Now that that is fixed (and it wasn't even really a froyo issue), I'm a big fan of this update!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones