forgotten password for htc wildfireSupport

1. sammih

sammih New Member

Hi could anyone please help me , I have a HTC wildfire and my daughter decided to put a password lock on it, she cannot remeber the password so I am unable to use my phone, please help:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. Logan47

Logan47 Disabled

I believe you should be able to unlock your phone with your Google account if you don't know the password or pin. You should be offered the chance to use Google credentials if you enter wrong password a certain number of times.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If you've entered a pattern lock (or password, for that matter) too many times, the phone should prompt you to unlock it with the credentials for the Google account to which it's registered. If you have forgotten your google password, go to Account Password Recovery and change your password. Then reboot your phone.

One caveat is that you must have a data connection enabled on the phone for this to work ... either 3G or Wifi ... so that Google's servers can authenticate the account. If you have entered the pattern but do not know the credentials or have Wifi and 3G both off, there's little to do other than a full reset.
  4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Welcome aboard. Hopefully the the above-info will help.

<Thread moved> :)
  5. weedie88

weedie88 New Member

This has happened to me and it doesn't come up with anything about using my google account to change the details. I have checked my google account and theres nothing there. How do i do a full reset on this and if i do that will i be able to use my phone again?
  6. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Weedie, I sent you a PM with instructions, but I'll post them here as well for the benefit of others.