• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FORUM Format Change ???

Do you like the Change ?

• NO -- Go Back to previous Layout

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • YES -- Keep the New

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
New issue: The homepage's right side of new activity threads has them all in orange which is the "not read" color despite the fact I have. After reading one it should change to blue like the columns on the left.

I've found where several members have asked the writer of this mod about that issue, as their users were complaining. The response he gave to all of them was a link to the first who asked - where he stated this was the way it's designed to work, not a bug. It's not "read" vs "unread" it's "new" vs "old" - and is supposed to show you new threads since your last visit. (the 'you lasted visited: date/time' under your name up top).

To clear this you have to log off and on or mark forums read....

He didn't indicate any plans to make it optional in the future. Perhaps we'll check his policy on modding it and go in and change it ourselves at some point..

Upvote 0
I've found where several members have asked the writer of this mod about that issue, as their users were complaining. The response he gave to all of them was a link to the first who asked - where he stated this was the way it's designed to work, not a bug. It's not "read" vs "unread" it's "new" vs "old" - and is supposed to show you new threads since your last visit. (the 'you lasted visited: date/time' under your name up top).

To clear this you have to log off and on or mark forums read....

He didn't indicate any plans to make it optional in the future. Perhaps we'll check his policy on modding it and go in and change it ourselves at some point..

I found a fix!
If when you log in, you tell the forums to "remember me" it works as a read/unread color tool. I knew I had seen that working that way. As for the rep points...more a curiosity. I know who to trust. ;-) But I like the "relax" advice...I think I shall.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones